Springboard believes that the current education system isn’t equipping people to succeed at work. New technology requires new skills, but not everyone has access to the right training or community. Springboard’s mission is to help people anywhere in the world advance their careers through affordable, mentor-led online courses.
As our managing editor, you’ll contribute to our mission by generating and optimizing high-quality content to attract and educate our global audience. This role represents a huge opportunity to build a blog and Medium account “from the ground up.” By owning, managing, and scaling these two key web properties, you’ll bring visibility, and revenue, to Springboard and our expanding catalog of courses.
- Plan and manage daily operations of the Springboard blog and Medium account
- Hire and manage a team of freelance/contributing writers, designers, videographers, etc., including assigning and commissioning content; planning schedules and enforcing deadlines; and evaluating performance
- Edit content to ensure it meets Springboard standards and is compelling for our audience
- Create content yourself, too, from time to time!Work closely with SEO lead to create keyword-focused content from each vertical based on research
- Collaborate with Content Strategy Lead to generate new story ideas related to the subjects we teach, and to maintain our consolidated editorial calendar
- Work with team and freelancers to ensure all content is supported with relevant imagery, resources, and other important assets
- Have a background in journalism (highly preferred)
- Know good writing and quality content when you see it; deliver 5X more valuable and useful content to your target audience than your competitors
- Are supremely tenacious with a get-it-done mindset
- Pay acute attention to detail (you’ve already found a typo in this posting)
- Are highly organized and able to manage multiple moving parts, including freelancers, contributors, designers, videographers, and more
- Possess incredibly strong writing and editing skills
- Have a good nose for identifying highly interesting, new topics and unique takes on existing ones
- Want to have a profound impact on the state of online education in high-demand industries like data science, digital marketing, cybersecurity, and more
- Are comfortable managing a distributed team of writers and contributors, and willing to hop on a quick call to suss out details and keep things moving
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience working with a style guide (AP, Chicago)
- Experience building a blog (personal, corporate)
- A personal interest in the ed tech space
The Springboard team of 100 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Learn Capital, 500 Startups, Rocketship.vc, and the founders of LinkedIn, Princeton Review, InMobi, and AppDynamics.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, full health insurance coverage, a 401k plan, a generous learning budget, team lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top