Springboard is on a mission to bridge the skills gap by delivering high-quality, affordable education in new-economy skills like data science, design, analytics, and digital marketing. We’ve already helped thousands of students worldwide, offering personalized mentoring and coaching support to maximize learning and help achieve real professional outcomes.
Springboard’s product has evolved significantly over the last few years, with the steady addition of features that give our students all they need to succeed in our courses — and beyond, in the workplace. We’re now looking for an experienced lead backend engineer for the Infrastructure Platform team to drive the architecture and design of our platform, to adapt to the rapidly growing scale. You will play a significant role in revamping our platform and creating a solid foundation on which to develop further features, such as supporting multiple geographies.
- Being part of a team whose focus is the development of the Springboard platform to enrich the learning experience of thousands by the use of a mentor led learning approach.
- Take responsibility for quality and stability of the product by getting hands on with code and design reviews, debugging complex issues, among other things.
- Influence and establish best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes and tools.
- Provide technical mentoring to the team and help the team make critical technical decisions.
- Operate with scale and deliver fast with high quality.
- have 5+ years of experience in backend technologies for web based applications with strong understanding of domain driven design, SOLID design principles, database.
- have hands-on experience in Coding and debugging complex systems, with frontend integration.
- have hands-on experience inCode review, responsible for production deployments
- have hands-on experience in Building scalable and fault-tolerant applications
- have hands-on experience in Re-architecting / redesigning complex systems / features (i.e. managing technical debt)
- can define best practices for backend systems.
- have excellent problem solving skills and are comfortable handling ambiguity.
- are able to analyse various alternatives and reach optimal decisions.
- are willing to challenge the status quo, express your opinion and drive change.
- are able to plan reasonably complex pieces of work and can handle changing priorities, unknowns and challenges with support.
- want to contribute to the platform roadmap, aligning with the organisation priorities and goals.
- enjoy mentoring others and helping them solve challenging problems.
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- are able to communicate with various stakeholders to understand their requirements.
- are a proponent of quality - building best practices, introducing new processes and improvements to make the team more efficient.