At Springboard, we are on a mission to bridge the skills gap by delivering high-quality, affordable education for new economy skills. Since our inception, we have helped thousands of people around the world learn new skills through a project-based curriculum with 1:1 mentorship, aimed at giving students an advantage on the job market. Our curricula are collaboratively developed and carefully curated by teams of subject matter experts, writers, and instructional designers.
As an early Instructional Designer at Springboard, you’ll play an invaluable role in designing and improving the instructional practices underlying all our programs. You’ll have a great vantage point at the intersection of product, operations, engineering, marketing, and community. This role presents an exciting opportunity to apply pedagogical principles to a new, cutting-edge model — laying the groundwork for the future of adult education online.
- Contribute to and execute upon our course development strategy, working with subject matter experts to structure each course, acquire the content, and deliver to students.
- Co-design and deliver on all the pedagogical components of all Springboard programs — including the curriculum, and students’ mentor and peer interactions — in collaboration with fellow instructional designers, and mentor and student operations teams.
- Collect, review, and incorporate student, mentor and, employer feedback while designing or updating each curriculum.
- Have a strong understanding of instructional design, cognitive psychology, adult learning and online/distance learning
- Possess exceptional organizational and project management skills, and live by deadlines
- Can quickly learn the core concepts of new subject areas
- Are an excellent communicator, whether you’re working with external subject matter experts or with colleagues across the company
- Are passionate about improving education
The Springboard team of 50 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Learn Capital, 500 Startups, Rocketship.vc, and the founders of LinkedIn, Princeton Review, InMobi, and AppDynamics. Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, full health insurance coverage, off-site travel, a generous learning budget
, office lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact students’ lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.