Instructional Design Intern
Springboard is a fast-growing startup, built by a team that is passionate about fixing education and bridging the skills gap. We’ve helped thousands of students learn skills like data science and UX design, using a unique approach that involves 1-on-1 mentorship from top industry experts.
As Springboard’s Instructional Design intern, you’ll work closely with the Course Development team to collect and analyze student feedback and improve curriculum quality.
- Analyze, visualize and present pre-existing student and course feedback to drive prioritization and decision making.
- Design and implement on-going process changes to integrate student feedback into the course development process.
- Conduct user-research to understand pitch, depth and comprehension of various technical units and projects across courses.
- Suggest and implement specific pedagogical innovations within or across courses.
- Take on special projects for the course development team as needed.
- Knowledge of pedagogical principles and best practices; bonus if it relates to online, adult learners.
- Teaching or mentoring experience, bonus if it relates to online, adult learners.
- Qualitative and quantitative research experience - constructing, implementing and analyzing surveys, conducting interviews and in-person or remote user-testing.
- Strong student orientation, and passion for improving education.
- Some familiarity with the online education space- have taken online courses and/or have deep interest in this space.
- The ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, are hardworking, and a dedicated outlook
- A flexible schedule to be able to work in Springboard’s San Francisco office for upto 20 hours a week during winter/spring 2019; some remote work is also possible.
The Springboard team of 75 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Learn Capital, 500 Startups, Rocketship.vc, and the founders of LinkedIn, Princeton Review, InMobi, and AppDynamics.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, full health insurance coverage, off-site travel, a generous learning budget, office lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top