Inside Sales Rep
Are you passionate about sales? Are you excited and challenged by the opportunity to build an inside sales function from the ground up? Are you looking to apply your skills and own audacious goals at a rapidly growing, mission-oriented company?
If your answer to these questions is yes, we have an amazing opportunity for you!
Springboard is a fast-growing startup, built by a team that is passionate about fixing education and bridging the world’s skills gap. We’ve helped thousands of students learn cutting-edge technical skills like data science, cybersecurity, and UX design, using a unique approach that involves 1-on-1 mentorship from top industry experts.
As we launch new courses, we’re looking for our first Inside Sales Rep (“closer”), who will work with our prospective students to ensure strong enrollments in our flagship courses. Your role will be to educate, inspire, and skillfully guide potential Springboard students through the application and enrollment process. You’ll have the unique opportunity to support students from around the world, helping them understand our courses and make better educational choices. Success in this role is measured by hitting and exceeding monthly enrollment targets, consistently staying ahead of daily metrics, and handling rejection in stride, all in a student-focused environment.
- Achieve and consistently exceed your monthly enrollment targets, converting complete applications (strong leads) into enrollments, with marketing qualified leads (MQL’s) becoming sales qualified leads (SQL’s) and then enrolled students
- Quickly learn about new courses and clearly communicate their value proposition to prospective studetnts
- Identify opportunities and test strategies to improve yield of high-quality candidates
- Consistently build and deliver an accurate pipeline via Hubspot, including clear and concise notes
- Work with marketing to create lead generation and sales conversion tools
- Help craft our inside sales playbook
- Bonus: implement a rigorous sales rep training program (for new hires) that establishes rules of engagement, scripts, communication protocols, and closing tools
This job could be for you if you:
- Bring 1-2 years’ experience in a sales role, making 40-50 customer contacts per day through outbound calls and emails; alternatively, you've worked in admissions, customer success, or recruiting — in short, you are genuinely curious about people, are comfortable reaching out to strangers, and have the ability to inspire passion in others!
- Possess a "closer" mentality, an infectiously positive attitude, and drive to win; you’re assertive, persistent, persuasive, a self-starter, and fiercely determined
- Are an excellent listener and have great empathy for prospective students thinking through a major professional and financial decision
- Understand funnels and are comfortable moving prospects through them
- Have experience using CRMs, such as Hubspot
The Springboard team of 60 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Learn Capital, 500 Startups, Rocketship.vc, and the founders of LinkedIn, Princeton Review, InMobi, and AppDynamics.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, full health insurance coverage, off-site travel, a generous learning budget, office lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top