Inside Sales Manager
Are you passionate about a career in sales, and looking to apply your skills and own audacious goals at a rapidly growing, mission-oriented company? Are you excited and challenged by the opportunity to build an inside sales function from ground up? If your answer to these questions is yes, we have an amazing opportunity for you.
Springboard offers career-focused online training in technical fields like data science and UX design, using a unique combination of intensive project-based curriculum, career coaching, and 1-on-1 mentorship from industry experts. We’ve admitted thousands of highly motivated learners to our courses, helping them revamp their careers and, by extension, their lives. We’re a fast-growing startup, built by a passionate team that’s out to bridge the world’s skills gap.
As we look to turbocharge our growth in 2019 and beyond, we’re looking for a seasoned professional to serve as our first Inside Sales Manager, reimagining our admissions function to adopt a sales mindset and best practices. You will lead our hybrid sales + admissions team in supporting potential Springboard students from around the world each enrollment cycle, educating, inspiring, and skillfully guiding them to make better educational choices. Success in this role is measured by hitting and exceeding monthly enrollment goals, improving yield and maintaining prospect satisfaction, all in a student-focused environment.
- Lead the design and implementation of appropriate processes and metrics to establish a world-class Inside Sales function
- Achieve and consistently exceed your team’s monthly enrollment goals, converting accepted students (strong leads) into enrollments, as well as nurturing marketing qualified leads (MQL’s) to become sales qualified leads (SQL’s) and ultimately enrolled students
- Connect with 1,000+ prospects (qualified leads) monthly; build and execute persona-driven sales pitches tailored to each course
- Identify opportunities and test strategies to improve yield of high-quality candidates
- Collaborate with Marketing to create lead generation and sales conversion tools
- Work alongside the VP, Marketing to monitor sales team KPIs and enrollment performance
- Implement a rigorous sales rep training program (for new hires) that establishes rules of engagement, scripts, communication protocols, and closing tools
- Fully leverage Hubspot to consistently build and deliver an accurate pipeline, including clear and concise notes
- Provide monthly enrollment forecasts to senior management and develop individual improvement plans for your reps
- Work with Marketing to streamline targeted marketing efforts by analyzing student patterns and behaviors
- Support 2-3 new course launches per year
- Monitor, evaluate, and develop the performance of individuals on your team (currently three); instill and maintain a quality- and integrity-based sales process with respect to rep/student interactions
- Have 3+ years of relevant sales experience (preferably B2C)
- Have 1+ years of proven leadership and staff development skills, including building and managing a team
- Bring a proven track record of sales success, meeting and/or exceeding sales goals consistently
- Have great empathy for prospective students and helping them think through a major professional and financial decision; you’re an empathetic listener
- Are genuinely curious about people and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others: you can’t wait to show everyone the value of Springboard
- Are a strong player-coach
- Possess an infectiously positive attitude and drive to win; you’re assertive, persistent, persuasive, a self-starter, and fiercely determined
The Springboard team of 75 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Learn Capital, 500 Startups, Rocketship.vc, and the founders of LinkedIn, Princeton Review, InMobi, and AppDynamics.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, full health insurance coverage, off-site travel, a generous learning budget, office lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top