Head of Marketing and Growth
(This is a full-time leadership role based in San Francisco)
Springboard has seen incredible revenue growth, driven by a talented yet small growth team. We are now looking for a Head of Marketing and Growth (could be at the VP or Director level) to scale the team and revenues, while championing our brand. The ideal person is a data-driven, user-focused marketer, who can both think strategically and dive into details.
You will be responsible for leading our marketing team, and growing revenue. You will own aggressive growth goals, set the strategy, and hire, mentor and manage a high-performing team. You will also roll up your sleeves, a lot. This is NOT simply a "manager" role.
You will work on the leadership team directly with the founders and leaders of other teams within the company. You'll bring the best growth marketing and management practices together, and foster an environment where the team continues to love working together.
- Own the company's revenue goals, along with the co-founders
- Build and own the company's growth model to plan our growth to 3x, 10x, and 50x our current scale
- Develop a deep understanding of our (prospective) users, their motivations, and why they choose Springboard
- Become an expert on our customer acquisition channels, funnels and marketing stack
- Own the marketing budget, and allocate optimally across tools and channels Identify and prioritize growth experiments -- e.g. optimize existing channels, and discover new ones
- Establish a growth habit and culture of experimentation. Work with the team to prioritize and implement growth experiments
- Lead the charge on building a data-driven culture, including instrumentation and attribution
- Work closely with the product team to refine refine UX, copy, and messaging
- Steward the Springboard brand and voice; ensure consistency in all our communication
- Manage and continue to build out the growth/marketing team
- You have 4+ years of growth/marketing experience with experience mentoring and managing high-performers
- You have a track record of success in growth / user acquisition, ideally on a startup team when it scaled from Series A to Series B
- You bring a solid understanding of free and paid user acquisition channels, with deep expertise scaling at least one channel
- You think from first principles, by putting yourself in the shoes of the user
- You are willing to bet on bold experiments, with a strong ability to prioritize
- You are very analytical, and communicate clearly
- You're comfortable getting your hands dirty and implementing your own ideas
- You are passionate about improving education and seriously committed to helping build an organization from ground up, even though it means things won't always be easy.
Meet Some of Springboard's Employees
Student Success Manager
Catherina is the Student Advising Team Lead, which means she supports not only Springboard students but also her co-workers, providing support, motivation, and accountability.
Back to top