- Bangalore, India
At Springboard, we are on a mission to bridge the skills gap by delivering high-quality, affordable education for new economy skills. We have helped thousands of people around the world pick up new skills quickly and effectively, helping them level up their careers to more relevant roles.
As an early member of our Finance Planning and Analysis team, you are an exceptional performer who will define and execute our financial strategy from the ground up. You will manage financial planning, revenue & cost tracking, analyze the variance, and bring the insights to support the organizational leadership in making the right decisions.
- Collaborating with business partners to prepare robust monthly & quarterly rolling forecasts and annual budgets for new student enrolments, revenue, and expenses
- Build a robust system of tracking and reporting of revenue, expenses & cash flow
- Prepare and review variance analyses against the monthly, quarterly and annual plan and include explanations of key drivers of the differences
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, cost of delivery and other expenses
- Analyze and evaluate risks, managing these risks, forecasting economic trends, enforcing pecuniary policies and guidelines across the company, and managing any other related projects
- Pick up strategic projects impacting revenue enhancements and cost optimization
- Develop a strong “feel” for the business & operations. Constantly suggest and implement ways to improve business performance.
- Work with GMs & functional heads to establish product-level P&Ls and department budgets
- Use influence to improve unit economics, e.g. optimize pricing, discounts, gross margins
- Initiate projects to optimize cash flow and burn rate. E.g. Work with Customer Success to minimize "leakage".
- Work with Sales to build Sales plans, quotas, etc.
- Oversee operations including facilities, etc.
- Are a Chartered Accountant and/or MBA (Finance) from premier B school with at least 4 years of relevant experience preferably in a consulting company for multiple clients and sectors.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have the ability to work independently and as a team member with excellent interpersonal skills
- Have advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Some knowledge of US GAAP and experience working with international stakeholders would be an advantage
- Maintain highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Deep expertise in FP&A: building and tracking against a robust operating model and 3-statement financial model; overseeing planning processes; setting and managing annual department budgets, etc.
- A generalist "athleticism" that enables you to holistically optimize various aspects of our business operations -- from facilities to course launch economics to unit economics and margins/discounts
The Springboard team of 150 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Learn Capital, 500 Startups, Pearson Ventures, Rocketship.vc, and the founders of LinkedIn, Princeton Review, InMobi, and AppDynamics. Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, medical insurance, off-site travel, a generous learning budget, office lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top