Springboard is on a mission to bridge the skills gap by delivering high-quality, affordable education in new-economy skills like data science, design, analytics, and digital marketing. We’ve already helped thousands of students worldwide, offering personalized mentoring and coaching support to maximize learning and help achieve real professional outcomes.
Springboard’s product has evolved significantly over the last 8 years, with the steady addition of features that give our students all they need to succeed in our courses — and beyond, in the workplace.
We’re now looking for an experienced, visionary, engineering manager with strong frontend expertise to manage a part of the Growth engineering team that builds, designs, implements and maintains critical services across the entire marketing funnel (user acquisition / organic growth > applications > sales and admissions > enrolments).
- Manage a team of four to eight highly talented engineers, guiding them on skills development, setting goals, performance assessment, coaching and career development
- Work closely with the Growth Product (business) team, senior Growth Engineering manager and other leads to assess the feasibility and align on requirements, understand business problems and propose solutions, estimate efforts and prepare quarterly plans
- Own end to end project delivery for the team by supporting them in interacting with product managers, overcoming blockers, removing dependencies and providing technical guidance.
- Set up efficient project delivery processes, workflows and schedules. Adapt processes to the changing requirements of the team. Contribute to the definition of project goals/metrics and drive the team towards the same.
- Influence and establish best engineering practices in the team
- Technically mentor engineers in the team (depending on your area of expertise, this could be on frontend or backend)
- Contribute to the architecture of the system, driving the quality and stability of the product by getting hands-on as required with code and design reviews, debugging complex issues, among other things (depending on your area of expertise, this could be on frontend or backend)Continually assess, hire and scale the team as necessary
- Work closely with the other Growth Engineering team manager and technical leadership team to contribute to long term strategies and roadmaps
- have 2+ years of experience in people management and 5 years of hands-on experience in backend/frontend development
- have experience working in high-performance software company esp. in startups or startup-like environments, preferable
- have experience developing and mentoring engineering teams with different roles such as frontend, backend, QA
- have experience working closely with product and other business teams
- have extensive architectural experience; understanding of scalable systems and distributed computing with strong frontend or backend domain knowledge
- have the ability to lead with empathy and instil a culture of open communication, ownership, high performance and excellence
- have the outstanding interpersonal and team-building skills
- have excellent organizational skills, to handle multiple activities and priorities seamlessly
- have excellent communication and collaboration skills, to drive consensus, work with varied stakeholders, and articulate trade-offs
- understand building consumer internet platforms. Working with growth teams, marketing websites, SEO etc. is an added advantage
- are passionate about improving education and seriously committed to helping build an organization from the ground up, even if things aren’t always easy