Director of HR
Springboard is on a mission to bridge the skills gap by delivering high-quality, affordable education in new-economy skills like data science, design, analytics, and digital marketing. We’ve already helped thousands of students worldwide, offering personalized mentoring and coaching support to maximize learning and help achieve real professional outcomes.
Springboard has evolved significantly over the last 6 years and has grown to the team size of 50+ in Bangalore. As Springboard India’s first Director of HR, you’ll be actively partnering with leadership and managers and collaborating with employees at all levels of the organisation to create a culture of perseverance, ownership and making big bold bets. You’ll be a coach and guide on all the people related matters. You’ll also have the opportunity to help create programs and processes from scratch.
- Manage full lifecycle recruitment and develop creative and innovative strategies for sourcing and acquiring top talent
- Collaborate with the leadership team and establish relationships to fully understand their objectives
- Provide service with a consultative orientation, attention to detail, follow up and follow through
- Engage with Educational institutes to build Campus hiring strategy and devise relevant branding strategies
- Develop an employer brand proposition and campaign that promotes our culture in order to better attract candidates
- Coach and counsel leadership around talent acquisition strategies in order to increase their proficiency and engagement in sourcing and attracting top talent
- Be the brand ambassador for culture and organization effectiveness
- Cultivate the right employer value proposition (EVP) for your people that will attract, motivate and retain different talent segments
- Identify areas of inefficiencies, practices that are ad-hoc in nature and issues that impact the organization’s ability to deliver the work well, and transform the organization into a smooth-running one
- Conceptualize & drive Employee Engagement initiatives across all levels
- Create employee opinion surveys to gauge employee pulse and support the Managerial staff with action planning
- Work closely with all functions to address employee issues proactively
Learning and Development
- Understand the professional development goals for every individual and create a detailed learning and development plan in coordination with the Leadership team
- Ensure managers and supervisors know how to create an environment that supports learning events and that they are trained to follow through on learning objectives
- Measure behaviour change after training programs to check impact and effectiveness on the business, or return on investment (ROI)
- Establish a culture where continuous learning becomes a norm
- Establish a Performance Development culture and ensure the organization has priorities for all levels while also ensuring clear metrics are in place
- Drive talent reviews across teams and across the company
- Strategize action plans basis inputs received
- Ensure supervisors and managers spend appropriate amounts of effort and time coaching their teams for performance
- Launch and oversee the mentoring program to enable senior staff to mentor junior staff on their skill development as well as on their personal goals
- Create a Leadership development pipeline to help develop employees for Leadership roles in the near future
- Help equip them with the right skill sets to succeed in these new roles
- Ensure that we are constantly grooming the next set of leaders to manage and grow the company
- Execute effective Leadership Assessments, Mentoring, and Coaching programs and follow through them on a timely basis
Compensation, Benefits, and Total Rewards
- Establish a rationale for salary structures (Cash, equity and benefits) across teams and across the company
- Build policies and structures around salaries, compensation and rewards to reduce the ad-hoc nature of compensation while ensuring transparency
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and legal requirements by advising leadership on necessary actions
- Set up Human resource Operations and oversee day-to-day operations of Human Resources (e.g. establish and streamline methods, systems and procedures) for the purpose of maximizing efficiency
- Engage in data mining and use that data to help make smarter organization decisions which reduce redundancies and inconsistencies
- are passionate about building and managing efficient teams and cultures.
- have over 10 years of relevant work experience as an HR Director or a Head of HR (generalist) with deep skill sets across all areas of organizational dynamics and strategic human resource management domains.
- are someone who has always learning attitude. Someone, who despite their extensive experience truly believes that they still have a lot to learn and that each environment is unique and requires something different.
- demonstrate exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal – as well as an ability to analyse conversations in order to read between the lines.
- are passionate for understanding people, their motivations, their concerns, their aspirations etc. will be critical
- are excited about what we’re building here at Springboard, believe in our vision and adopt our values
The Springboard team of 120 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Learn Capital, 500 Startups, Rocketship.vc, and the founders of LinkedIn, Princeton Review, InMobi, and AppDynamics. Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, full health insurance coverage, off-site travel, a generous learning budget, office lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact students’ lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife
Back to top