Director of Course Development
At Springboard, we are on a mission to bridge the skills gap by delivering high-quality, affordable education for new economy skills. Since our inception, we have helped thousands of people around the world pick up new skills. We now also offer personalized career support to help our students convert their learning into real career outcomes.
As the Director of Course Development, you will be the primary owner of all the pedagogical components of Springboard programs. You will collaborate with various functional teams to design and deliver best-in-class learning experience for our students. As the first hire in this position, you will play an invaluable role in defining the instructional practices which will form the foundation for all our programs.
You'll have a great vantage point at the intersection of students, product, marketing, operations, and engineering, and will work closely with the founders.
- Co-design and execute the course development strategy, including how we acquire the content, the structure of each course, and its delivery method.
- Co-design and deliver all the pedagogical components of Springboard programs - including the curriculum, students' mentor and peer interactions - in collaboration with subject matter experts, mentors and student operations teams.
- Collect, review, and incorporate student, mentor and, employer feedback while designing or updating each curriculum.
- Work with Product, Design, and Engineering teams to define the platform features for students and course developers.
- Co-develop and track the right KPIs to ensure students have the best learning experience through each curriculum.
- Acquire new Content Partners as needed and maintain relationships with existing ones.
- Bring thought leadership on best practices and innovation in online education, both internally and externally.
What We Look For:
- Strong understanding of instructional design, cognitive psychology, adult learning and online/distance learning.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Ability to meet deadlines while staying within budget.
- Ability to learn core concepts of new topics quickly.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage teams of subject matter experts and instructional designers.
- Data driven and analytical approach to decisions, with a strong focus on quality.
- Passion for improving education.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Springboard's Employees
Student Success Manager
Catherina is the Student Advising Team Lead, which means she supports not only Springboard students but also her co-workers, providing support, motivation, and accountability.
Back to top