Data Science Course Mentor (Part-Time/Flexible/Remote)
We run online, self-paced Python and R-based Data Science workshops where participants learn with the help of a curated curriculum and 1-1 guidance from an expert mentor.
Our mentor community - the biggest strength of our programs - has experts from the best organizations in the world. If you are as passionate about mentoring as you are about Data Science, and can give a few hours per week in return for an honorarium, we would love to hear from you.
Our mentors range from data scientists and researchers at premier companies (Uber, Pandora, LinkedIn, Apple) to a wide variety of top-notch startups and consulting firms.
Please find more details about the program below.
- Completely online and self-paced. Coursework is ~100 hours and on average, students finish it in 3 months.
- Participants in this course are working professionals and college students from all over the world, interested in getting started with data science.
- Participants learn about Data Science with the help of a curated online curriculum and a personal mentor. They go through the curriculum at their own pace and have a weekly 30-minute checkin with their mentor to discuss questions, projects, and career advice!
- You are as passionate about teaching Data Science as about Data Science itself.
- You are that rare combination of programming, statistics and storytelling skills.
- You are proficient in the curriculum topics of at least one of our Foundations (taught in R), Intensive or Career Track programs (taught in Python).
- You are available for weekly, 30-minute video check-ins with students to help them set and achieve learning goals, answer subject matter questions, provide feedback on projects, and career advice.
- You have at least 2 years of experience solving real-life data science problems, and are comfortable working with large data sets.
- You are empathetic and have excellent communication skills
- Membership in an rich community of expert mentors from great companies like Apple, Uber and Pandora
- Change the lives of students in our program and help us revolutionize online education!
- Receive a monthly per-student honorarium and work at your convenience
Questions? Please write to us at [email protected] :)
Meet Some of Springboard's Employees
Student Success Manager
Catherina is the Student Advising Team Lead, which means she supports not only Springboard students but also her co-workers, providing support, motivation, and accountability.
Back to top