Cybersecurity Mentor (Part-Time/Flexible/Remote)
- Completely online
- Designed to take 3-6 months, depending on the course.
- Participants in this course are working professionals and college students from all over the world, interested in getting started with cybersecurity.
- Participants learn about Cybersecurity with the help of a curated online curriculum and a personal mentor. They go through the curriculum at their own pace and have a weekly 30-minute check-in with their mentor to discuss questions, projects, and career advice.
- are passionate about teaching Cybersecurity
- have extensive experience with Linux, Windows and MacOS
- have real-world experience working in systems security, network security, applied cryptography, logs and detection, governance/risk and compliance, security strategy or incidence response and cyber threat intelligence
- have subject matter expertise with common operating system internals, network packet capture tools such as Wireshark, Network Miner, and network discovery tools such as NMAP
- hold current CISSP certificate; additional industry certifications from Cisco, Microsoft, CompTIA, EC-Council, SANS are preferred
- are available for weekly, 30-minute video check-ins with students to help them set and achieve learning goals, answer subject matter questions, provide feedback on projects, and career advice
- have at least 2 years of experience solving real-life cybersecurity challenges, and are comfortable explaining key concepts
- are empathetic and have excellent communication skills
- Membership in a rich community of expert mentors from great companies like Microsoft, Oracle, and Uber
- Change the lives of students in our program
- Help us revolutionize online education!
- Receive a monthly per-student honorarium
- Work at your convenience
Meet Some of Springboard's Employees
Student Operations Team Lead
Cat deeply impacts the lives of thousands of Springboard students by providing support, motivation, and accountability. After just a year at the company, she was promoted to lead the Student Operations Team.
Back to top