Cybersecurity Course Teaching Assistant (Part-Time/Flexible/Remote)
We run online, self-paced Cybersecurity workshops where participants learn with the help of a curated curriculum and 1-1 guidance from an expert mentor.
Our mentor community - the biggest strength of our programs - has experts from premier companies (IBM, Booz Allen, Uber), a wide variety of leading startups, and top-tier consulting firms. Our Introduction to Cybersecurity course is an intensive online bootcamp and we are looking for Course Teaching Assistants to troubleshoot and help support students outside of their mentor calls.
- You are as passionate about teaching Cybersecurity as about security itself.
- You are proficient in the curriculum topics of our Introduction to Cybersecurity program which covers penetration testing, vulnerability managements and incident response.
- You have a flexible schedule that allows you to work a few hours per day, at least 5 days per week.
- You have experience troubleshooting in windows and network administration.
- You are empathetic and have excellent communication skills.
- You have a technical security certificate e.g all GCIH, CEH, CHFI, Vendor Security - Microsoft, Cisco, etc
- Bonus points for experience with Python (or any programming experience)
Proficiency in the tools listed below:
- Tenable Nessus
- Password Cracking Tools (John the ripper, Cain & Abel, THC Hydra)
- Command line tools: Windows Command Line, Linux Command Line
- OpenVAS (Should be able to ramp up on this)
More details about the Course
- Completely online and self-paced. Project work is ~40+ hours and on average, students finish it in 3 months.
- Participants in this course are working professionals and college students from all over the world, interested in getting started with cybersecurity.
- Participants learn about Cybersecurity with the help of a curated online curriculum and a personal mentor. They go through the curriculum at their own pace and have a weekly 30-minute checkin with their mentor to discuss questions, projects, and career advice!
- Course TA's provide students with troubleshooting and support via email and our online community so that students get the help they need even outside of their mentor calls
- Membership in an rich community of expert mentors from great companies like Google, McKinsey and Uber
- Change the lives of students in our program and help us revolutionize online education!
- Receive a monthly retainer, per-project honorarium and work at your convenience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top