Content Strategist (Springboard)
(Full-time job in San Francisco)
Are you a talented writer and researcher who is looking to master building digital audiences? Do you love editing content and getting the best out of other writers? Are you looking to create and execute on an impactful content strategy? If your answer to all these questions is yes, we have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for you. We are one of the very few businesses where content directly impacts a significant part of our revenue -- and you'll be in charge of it going forward. You could use this opportunity to demonstrate the power of your content to scaling a massive business.
Springboard is a fast-growing startup, built by a team that is passionate about fixing education and bridging the skills gap. We've helped thousands of students learn skills like data science and UX design, using a unique approach that involves 1-on-1 mentorship from top industry experts. We love teaching and learning, but we're also food-lovers. You'll join us as much for the skills you develop as for the culture that holds us together (from team outings to lunch-and-learn sessions).
We've been creating world-class content to help young professionals succeed in the "new economy" (see, for example, our guides to UX careers and data science careers, and our Medium publication ). We've quickly built up huge audiences in both fields, with hundreds of thousands of email subscribers. You'll get to take this lead generation engine to the next level, where Springboard's content - spearheaded by you - will be seen by millions!
You'll work in a rapid startup environment geared to help you grow as quickly as you want to. You'll benefit from a learning budget that covers self-development needs. You'll be part of a great work culture that is continually innovating and growing with you.
You will be principally responsible for
- Researching and writing great content. You will craft invaluable educational resources - books, guides, blog posts, and other forms of content - for learners around the world. Your work will inspire tens of thousands of people to learn new skills and jump start new careers.
- Content strategy. As you'll work closely with our growth and marketing team, you'll understand and own how our content drives revenue and impacts our business.
- Managing a content team and editing their work. You'll start off with freelance content producers under your wing; as the company grows, you'll be in prime position to hire and mentor your own staff of content writers.
- Editorial standards and the "voice" of our content. You'll define the playbook for eloquent, impactful content. You'll manage the Springboard editorial calendar, dictating the flow and pace of the content we publish.
- Determining how our content is distributed and seen. You'll work with our growth and SEO specialists to ensure that your content is seen and absorbed across the web. This will include managing our social media channels, and affecting how SEO advice mixes with compelling content.
- Ideas you come up with! Springboard is a startup, and there are always more ideas than people to act on them. You're highly encouraged to generate and share new ideas that could delight (and grow) our audience. If your ideas get traction, you'll oversee their execution!
- A diligent researcher who is genuinely curious about emerging career paths and new technologies
- A seasoned veteran of using content strategy, voice, and tone, to elevate a brand to the next level
- A quick study and intrepid writer who can go from research to sharing knowledge rapidly
- Somebody who enjoys conceptualizing, writing, and proofreading great content, and has a track record doing so with content that is shared across the Web
- Proactive and entrepreneurial, with little need for supervision
- Resilient and resourceful, and not afraid of failure
BONUS POINTS IF you have done one or more of these:
- developed your own digital following
- worked at a startup
- gained familiarity with web analytics tools
- worked with Wordpress and HTML/CSS
- managed other writers
- written content that gets seen by 10,000+ readers a month
As Springboard's Content Strategist, you will receive
- Fully covered medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy
- An annual stipend for learning (anything, from Japanese to photography)
- Team Outings. We love to go out to the best microbreweries, mini golfing, and music gigs in town
- Team lunches twice a week, free snacks, coffee and beer
Meet Some of Springboard's Employees
Student Success Manager
Catherina is the Student Advising Team Lead, which means she supports not only Springboard students but also her co-workers, providing support, motivation, and accountability.
Back to top