Career Services Lead
At Springboard, we are on a mission to bridge the skills gap by delivering high-quality, affordable education for new economy skills. We have helped thousands of people around the world pick up new skills quickly and effectively, helping them level up their careers to more relevant roles and Career Services play a key role in our mission.
As the first member of our Career Services team, you are a super-athlete who will define and execute our career services strategy from the ground up, to deliver on our job guarantee to the students. You will start by defining the Career Services strategy for our Career Track programs on Data Science and AI/ML, working with students and employers to create successful outcomes for both. In the future, you will potentially own and grow career services across all of our programs. You will have tremendous responsibility and impact within the company and will work closely with the founders and the rest of the team.
As Career Services Lead, you’ll bear two key sets of responsibilities, developing our career guidance for students, and building employer partnerships.
- Maintain and improve Springboard’s career and job search curriculum by creating or curating the best materials available
- Guide students on their personal job search strategy, based on their background, skills, and career objectives, and connect them with suitable hiring partner
- Identify career coaches, onboard them and manage their delivery to meet outcome commitments to students
- Review and provide feedback on each student’s resume, LinkedIn profile and portfolio
- Coach students on interviewing and networking skills
- Work closely with subject-matter experts to engage them in providing appropriate career guidance to our students as needed. For example, devise systems for setting up mock technical interviews with our data science mentors
- Work with other departments to create successful career outcomes for every student. This will be the most important measure of your performance
- identify, and cultivate relationships with the best employers in India: whether through your own outreach, or by working with Springboard mentors, students and alumni to identify partnership opportunities in their companies
- create unique event opportunities for employers to build their employer brand, interact with students, and interview potential candidates
- ensure a seamless, positive experience for both students and employer partners
- contribute to marketing content that showcases Springboard programs and students
- have 4+ years in career services, executive search, recruitment, or coaching/advising
- are a keen, highly empathetic listener excited to build relationships with students and be their guide to a new career
- deeply engage in the tech community, with a robust network that can give a head start
- keep a track record of producing measurable results, meet deadlines, and balance multiple priorities and constituencies
- have the ability to build rapport and credibility with external customers and your colleagues across the company.
- have a genuine interest in student and career development, with experience working with candidates/students as well as hiring partners, preferred
- have the natural agility and flexibility in the face of fast-changing and undefined situations.
- have strong analytical and communication skills.
The Springboard team of 80 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Learn Capital, 500 Startups, Rocketship.vc, and the founders of LinkedIn, Princeton Review, InMobi, and AppDynamics.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, medical insurance, off-site travel, a generous learning budget, office lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top