Career Coach (Part-Time/Contract/Remote)
- Flexible / Remote
At Springboard, we’re on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap, offering transformative online education experiences in high-demand fields like data science, UX design, and machine learning. Our courses may be tech-enabled, but we’re human-centric: each student taps into a community of fellow students; industry-expert mentors and career coaches; and dedicated student advisors.
Career Services plays a key role in executing on our mission: our personalized approach has given thousands of people access to more relevant roles in the new economy.
As a Career Coach, you will work 1:1 with Springboard students on all aspects of their job search and career goals, to produce great career outcomes for all Career Track graduates. Working closely with a dynamic and empathetic Career Services team, you’ll play a significant role in each student’s journey as you support them in revamping their careers and, by extension, their lives. You’ll feel the rewards instantly as students implement your advice and grow their ability to find the perfect career opportunity for them.
For this role, you must have prior experience in formal career coaching for technical job searches, OR in technical recruiting. Additionally, you must be available to work in the US Pacific time zone during business hours (9 am - 6 pm), and devote 20 hours per week to the role.
- Provide 1:1 career coaching conversations regarding job search in technical fields with students in a high-volume, online, coaching environment
- Respond promptly and supportively to student career concerns and questions via email
- Stay up to date on current trends in technical hiring and job search tactics that work
- Track outcomes of coaching calls via our student CRM, providing detailed notes and information that evaluate risk factors, track success, and predict future performance
- Escalate students of concern to the Head of Career Services for additional coaching or intervention plans
- Collaborate with the Career Services team to recommend students for job openings and share information about employability
- 2+ years’ formal experience in recruiting, coaching, or advising in a 1:1 capacity, specifically supporting individuals’ job search and career goals for technical roles. We will unfortunately not be able to consider candidates without this prior experience.
- Intimate knowledge of the technical hiring process and how to conduct an effective job search in tech.
- A track record of producing measurable results, meeting deadlines, and balancing multiple priorities and constituencies; you are proactive, agile, and flexible.
- A genuine interest in student and career development, with experience working with candidates/students as well as hiring partners preferred.
- Outstanding customer service mentality and strong attention to detail (in recording student progress and following up on questions).
- Strong communication skills, especially in listening, coaching, and advising, and the ability to build rapport and credibility with students and your colleagues across the company.
The Springboard team of 180 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage (for employees based in California, our base plans are fully covered by Springboard; for employees based outside of California, we offer low-premium coverage), a 401k plan, a generous learning budget, team lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top