Business Operations Senior Associate
- San Francisco, CA
Founded by Gautam Tambay (former Bain) and Parul Gupta, Springboard is a rapidly-growing education-technology startup in downtown San Francisco. Our tight-knit ~200-person team is on a mission to bridge the world’s skills gap and prepare students for the digital economy. We offer online, part-time, career-track courses designed to train and support students as they change careers into fast-growing, in-demand areas such as Data Science and UX/UI Design. Springboard’s unique model combines project-based learning with 1-on-1 mentorship from industry experts and a Job Guarantee. Our investors include the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review as well as the industry's top educational investment firms.
This role is ideal for someone who wants to apply an analytical/consulting toolkit in a fast-paced startup environment. You will join the Business Operations, Analytics, & Strategy team, where you will work alongside ex-Bain and McKinsey team members, as well as with all members of the executive team across projects. Your work will be a mix of solving the company’s highest-priority strategic problems, implementing new initiatives, and supporting ops teams. Your work will carry across our product, ops, and engineering teams, and you’ll have the opportunity to develop relationships throughout the org -- all while experiencing what it’s like to be a part of a high-performing, high-growth startup.
- Work assignments may include a variety of the following:
- Research new verticals and/or new courses to launch based on analysis of market / customers. Define target segments, pricing, course features, and value proposition.
- Work with Product, Operations, Marketing teams to coordinate course launches
- Research and evaluate a new payments strategy for our largest vertical, drive project from concept to implementation
- Explore long-term opportunities, e.g. Should we / how could we work directly with Universities to create mutually beneficial educational offerings?
- Research/implement new ways to serve students- i.e. launch an alumni community platform
- Build operating models to evaluate new business opportunities; assist CEO with financial analysis, fundraising materials, board and investor updates
Product Strategy and Execution
New Business Development
Operations, Financial Planning & Analysis, CEO/Board support
What we're looking for:
- You have 1.5 - 3 years of experience at a top consulting firm
- You have strong analytical skills and can extract insights from unstructured data
- You are independent and self-directed. You can take on a lot of responsibility very quickly and love to get things done.
- You bias towards action and can be scrappy.
- You value the team experience, care about forming relationships with your coworkers, and have fun and hobbies outside of work.
The Springboard team of 220 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage, a 401k plan, generous learning and professional development budgets, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Springboard is required to inform California residents who are job applicants about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. This notice contains disclosures required by the CCPA and applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.
Back to top