Business / Data Analytics Subject Matter Expert
Springboard is a fast-growing edtech startup, built by a team that is passionate about fixing education and bridging the skills gap. We’ve helped thousands of students learn skills in cutting-edge fields like data science, UX design, and digital marketing, using a unique approach that involves 1-on-1 mentorship from top industry experts.
We’re looking for an expert to help us build a business/data analytics course. This will be an online 6-month program designed to help students find a job in business/data analytics within 6 months of completion. You’ll set the vision to ensure we’re teaching all that is needed to succeed as a business analyst or data analyst. Your work will include building case studies (and other hands-on learning material!) so students can practice using industry-standard tools like Excel, SQL, and Tableau and presenting insights to key stakeholders. This is a massive opportunity to apply your skills to educating the next generation in this fast-changing new economy.
This is a full-time, contract role for a duration of ~4 months (starting immediately). We estimate a workload of roughly 20 hours/week. You can work either in our San Francisco office, or remotely. This is a paid engagement.
As the SME, you will:
- Set the vision for effectively teaching key business and data analytics concepts.
- Write case studies that allow students to break down a problem, apply industry-standard tools, and present findings
- Create rubrics for mentors to evaluate student work (especially case studies)
- Provide supporting lesson descriptions in the Springboard format
- Provide support to lead instructor in curating content or drafting curriculum
- At least 3 years' work experience as a Business or Data Analyst (ideally more)
- Produced learning materials in the past, i.e., you have experience writing for a student audience
- Demonstrated (advanced) experience sharing analytical insights with key stakeholders
- Basic statistical analysis skills
- Basic financial analysis skills
- Strong Data Architecture (diagramming, workflow design, etc) experience
- Strong programming experience (Python, R)
- Experience (advanced) using the following tools: Excel; SQL (or other database management languages); Tableau (or other data visualization tools)
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience teaching or mentoring
Back to top