- Bangalore, India
Springboard is on a mission to bridge the skills gap by delivering high-quality, affordable education in new-economy skills like data science, design, analytics, and digital marketing. We’ve already helped thousands of students worldwide, offering personalised mentoring and coaching support to maximize learning and help achieve real professional outcomes.
Springboard’s product has evolved significantly over the last few years, with the steady addition of features that give our students all they need to succeed in our courses — and beyond, in the workplace. We’re now looking for an experienced lead backend engineer for the Infrastructure Platform team to drive the architecture and design of our platform, to adapt to the rapidly growing scale. You will play a significant role in revamping our platform and creating a solid foundation on which to develop further features, such as supporting multiple geographies.
- Being part of a team whose focus is the development of the Springboard platform to enrich the learning experience of thousands by the use of a mentor led learning approach.
- Contribute to the architecture of the system by driving the redesign of complex features based on how the system is expected to evolve over the next few years.
- Take responsibility for quality and stability of the product by getting hands on with code and design reviews, debugging complex issues, among other things. Influence and establish best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes and tools.
- Provide technical mentoring to the team and help the team make critical technical decisions.
- Operate with scale and deliver fast with high quality.
- You have 4-8 years of experience in backend technologies for web based applications with strong understanding of domain driven design, SOLID design principles, database.
- You have hands-on experience in,Coding and debugging complex systems, with frontend integration.
- Building scalable and fault-tolerant applicationsRe-architecting / redesigning complex systems / features (i.e. managing technical debt)You have excellent problem solving skills and are comfortable handling ambiguity.
- You are able to analyze various alternatives and reach optimal decisions. You are willing to challenge the status quo, express your opinion and drive change.
- You are able to plan reasonably complex pieces of work and can handle changing priorities, unknowns and challenges with support. You want to contribute to the platform roadmap, aligning with the organization priorities and goals.
- You enjoy mentoring others and helping them solve challenging problems.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner. You are able to communicate with various stakeholders to understand their requirements.
- You are a proponent of quality - building best practices, introducing new processes and improvements to make the team more efficient.
The Springboard team of 180 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, full health insurance coverage, off-site travel, a generous learning budget, office lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact students’ lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top