Backend Engineer, Security
- Bangalore, India
Springboard is on a mission to bridge the skills gap by delivering high-quality, affordable education in new-economy skills like data science, design, analytics, and digital marketing. We’ve already helped thousands of students worldwide, offering personalized mentoring and coaching support to maximize learning and help achieve real professional outcomes.
The Springboard Infrastructure Platform engineering team is looking for a backend engineer with some exposure to security concepts such as IAM (Identity and access management systems), data privacy (PII/GDPR), secrets management, SSO, OAuth, 2-step verification, and best coding practices. You will be working with cutting edge web-based technologies to help define and build solutions that help increase the robustness of our platform against security threats and privacy breaches.
- Being part of a team whose focus is the development of the Springboard platform to enrich the learning experience of thousands by the use of a mentor led learning approach
- Independently developing features related to security compliance, data protection and privacy
- Build products with good documentation to ensure the other software teams don’t face usability issues
- Contribute to building security / privacy best practises for the organisation
- Partake in any mitigation strategies against attacks by external parties
- Have experience in effective problem solving using first principle thinkingHave hands-on experience with at least 1 backend programming language
- Have experience with BE-FE feature integrationsHave experience working on security related projects (such as secrets management, SSO, OAuth, 2-step verification, Data privacy etc.)
- Have ideas on best coding practises to ensure a secure codebase resilient to security threats and privacy breaches
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Have a strong team ethic and are interested in a fast-paced startup environment
- Have strong interpersonal, project management and organisational skills with ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize results
- Have strong knowledge of Agile testing methodologies and best practices
Bonus points if you have… (optional)
- Experience with web based product companies
- Experience with Python/Django/GCP/AWS/Docker/Kubernetes/CircleCI/Jenkins
- Exposure to a few of the concepts in the - IAM (Identity and access management systems), Data privacy (PII/GDPR), SSO, OAuth, 2-step verification, Secrets management, Handling security vulnerabilities (and resolution)
The Springboard team of 150 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Learn Capital, 500 Startups, Rocketship.vc, and the founders of LinkedIn, Princeton Review, InMobi, and AppDynamics. Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, medical insurance, off-site travel, a generous learning budget, office lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top