Technical Product Operations Specialist, Yospace
- Los Angeles, CA
Join our team in Los Angeles or San Francisco as a Product Operations Specialist. You'll be supporting Yospace, a company within SpotX, is a leader in "dynamic ad insertion" technology allowing broadcasters to seamlessly replace broadcast ads in a live stream on a user-centric basis.
Yospace is widely considered to be the leading provider of server-side ad insertion technology for live online video in the world today. Since being the first to market in 2012, the company has grown its customer base to include over twenty broadcasters and operators across the globe, notably: Sky Media, ITV, BT Sport and Channel 4 in the UK and AT&T / DIRECTV in the USA.
The multi-award-winning technology allows broadcasters to deliver personalized advertising in live and catch-up content when viewed online. One of the great advantages of the service is that ad stitching is performed in a way that is completely seamless to the viewer, without buffering. It accurately replicates the uninterrupted experience of traditional television.
Yospace has been headquartered in the United Kingdom since it was founded in 1999. The company was acquired by RTL Group in January 2019.
We are looking for someone that has experience working with Linux-based systems and is eager to support cutting edge video streaming workflows. You will work with our operations team in the roll-out and maintenance of our core SAAS, software-as-a-service, offering.
How you'll make an immediate impact:
- Working with solution architects to implement the roll-out of dynamic ad insertion services for our broadcaster customers
- Troubleshooting live production issues using standard Linux tools and scripting
- Hardware/software migration
- Customer site installation and support
- Furthermore, you will troubleshoot customer projects assisting and supporting the on-boarding of broadcasters onto our dynamic ad insertion platform.
What we're looking for:
- At least 3 years experience in working with Linux (preferable CentOS/RHEL)
- Good working knowledge of shell scripting or other scripting languages such as PERL, Python, PHP
- Competence in IP, HTTP, and DNS
- Experience with working systems with high availability
- Experience working with large scale web applications
- An enthusiasm for investigating new technologies
- An ability to express concepts clearly and concisely by email or verbally
- Experience working on a small team and being self-sufficient
- We value core engineering skills and willingness to learn over specific domain knowledge
When you join our team, we offer:
- A fast-paced, innovative company building best-in-class technology from 12 offices around the world
- A fun, casual, and collaborative culture with a commitment to work-life balance
- Unlimited PTO (work it out with your team first!), company closed from Christmas to New Years
- Comprehensive Benefits Package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k matching program and education assistance
- Stocked snack wall, gym reimbursement, charitable donation matching program
SpotX Core Values:
Customer Service, Integrity, Respect, Initiative, Collaboration, Innovation and Adaptability
SpotX is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Visit our About Us page to learn more
Back to top