Technical Operations Engineer
- New York, NY
We are expanding our technical team in NYC. Join the SpotX Engineering Team as a Technical Operations Engineer.
SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally.
We are seeking a talented Technical Operations Engineer who can contribute their technical and communication skills to our team. You'll be technical support for Publishers and DSPs where you will work in a fast-paced but casual tech environment with highly talented peers. For this position we are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented individual who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty troubleshooting and providing technical expertise.
You will work closely with numerous departments, including (but not limited to) our Supply Operations, Demand Operations, Engineering, and Business Development teams.
- Provide technical guidance for the majority of publishers and DSPs
- Recommend new initiatives to improve client success
- Assist internal Operations teams with technical inquiries
- Maintain deep knowledge of SpotX technologies for both publishers and DSPs
- Triage, prioritize, categorize and resolve production impacting incidents
- Attend client-facing meetings as the Technical Lead
- Developing and organizing support documentation
- Handling issues in tickets via a ticketing system
- The direct line between Operations and Engineering
Requirements and Experience:
- 1 - 2 years technical support / troubleshooting experience
- Ability to translate technical details to any audience
- Experience in analyzing issues, distilling and communicating their relevant aspects
- Strong problem-solving/analytical skills, initiative, eagerness to learn, and ability to work independently within a team structure
- Experience using various web debugging tools, such as Charles, Firebug, Fiddler, Chrome tools, etc.
- Comfortable at a shell prompt (Any Unix/linux experience?)
- Understanding of the life cycle of a HTTP request.
- Flexible personality - must be willing to handle additional responsibilities as assigned or required
- Understanding of source control (i.e. GIT)
- Knowledge of VAST, VPAID, ad servers, DSPs, ad exchanges, and SSPs
- Experience working with online video, CTV apps, mobile apps
- Docker or other container platforms
When you join our team, we offer:
- A fast-paced, innovative company building best-in-class technology from 12 offices around the world
- A fun, casual, and collaborative culture with a commitment to work-life balance
- Unlimited PTO (work it out with your team first!), company closed from Christmas to New Years
- Comprehensive Benefits Package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k matching program and education assistance
- Annual technical education stipend
- Gym reimbursement, employee assistance and wellness programs
- Through our SpotX for Change program which matches up to $250 per year of employee donations to charities, SpotX contributed over $35K to charitable organizations in 2019
SpotX Core Values: Customer Service, Integrity, Respect, Initiative, Collaboration, Innovation and Adaptability
SpotX strives to attract, invest in, and develop a diverse group of people.
At SpotX, we seek to build an inclusive workforce and work environment. We hire based on experience and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
The company's solutions enable media owners to monetize content across all screens and streams while providing advertisers with direct access to brand-safe, premium inventory. With best-in-class technology purpose-built for video, SpotX's trusted, GDPR/CCPA-compliant solutions are employed by some of the largest media owners in the world including A+E Networks, Crackle Plus, The CW Network, Dentsu CCI, Discovery, Electronic Arts, Fox Corporation, fuboTV, Gannett, Microsoft, Newsy, Pluto TV, Roku, Sling TV, and Vudu. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 50 million households. In early 2019, SpotX acquired Yospace which powers server-side ad insertion (SSAI) for all live and video on demand content streamed to connected devices. SpotX is a subsidiary of Bertelsmann's RTL Group and is headquartered in Denver with 12 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. Learn more at www.spotx.tv.
Back to top