Software QA Engineer (Remote)
- Minneapolis, MN
Join SpotX as a remote Software QA Engineer, this position can be based remotely within the US.
SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally and is headquartered in Denver with 10 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 50 million households.
The Software QA Engineer role at SpotX is responsible for w riting test plans and test cases for user stories, automated test cases and regression scripts while working with a QA automation team to build regression frameworks and run regression test suites daily.
- Writing test plans and test cases for user stories, automated test cases and regression scripts
- Work with a QA automation team to build regression frameworks and run regression test suites daily
- Coming up with creative ideas on how to test
- Work on a scrum team comprised of 4 to 5 developers
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings and all meetings of the agile SLC: planning, estimation, retrospectives, demos, etc
Requirements and Experience:
- 2 years of QA or development experience
- Experience in one of the following programming languages: PHP, Java, .NET, Python, etc
- Worked with SQL
- Smart, with technical abilities that enable you to learn fast and be creative in your solutions
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Comfortable at a shell prompt (e.g., Unix/linux experience)
- A love for making software better!
- Selenium and other open source testing tools experience
- SOAP, REST, XML, JSON
- Web-scale environments
- Understanding of source control (Subversion, GIT, etc)
- Developing personal projects, or contributing to open source projects
- This position can be remote, our Headquarters are located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, unlimited time off, a comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision insurance), 401k matching program, education assistance, gym reimbursement, parental leave and an annual technical education stipend
- The base compensation range for this role, depending on level I, II or III: $60,000 - $90,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- At SpotX, we strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We hire based on experience and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- COVID-19 Precautions: remote interview process, virtual onboarding for new hires
- An innovative company building best-in-class technology from 10 offices around the world (including Denver, New York City, London, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Belfast)
- A fun, casual, and collaborative culture with a commitment to work-life balance
- An award-winning organization, check out our latest accolades here
- Committed to work life balance, offering a company-wide annual holiday break: our offices are closed from Christmas to New Years
- Proud to give back through the SpotX for Change Program matches up to $250 per year of employee donations to charities. SpotX contributed over $50K to charitable organizations in 2020
- Featured on The Muse, learn more about our company and view employee testimonials here
- In the news...check out our latest updates here
We LOVE our customers.
We BELIEVE in our people.
We RESPECT each other.
We are DRIVEN.
We are SPOTX.
SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally. The company's solutions enable media owners to monetize content across all screens and streams while providing advertisers with direct access to brand-safe, premium inventory. With best-in-class technology purpose-built for video, SpotX's trusted, privacy-compliant solutions are employed by some of the largest media owners in the world including A+E Networks, Crackle Plus, The CW Network, Dentsu CCI, Discovery, Electronic Arts, Fox Corporation, fuboTV, Gannett, Microsoft, Newsy, Pluto TV, Roku, Sling TV, and Vudu. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 50 million households. SpotX is a subsidiary of Bertelsmann's RTL Group and is headquartered in Denver with 10 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. Learn more at www.spotx.tv.
Back to top