Software Development Engineer in Test
- Belfast, United Kingdom
SpotX is looking for a highly talented and motivated Software Development Engineer In Test. We are looking for someone who is versatile, methodical, excited by modern technology and enjoys focusing on tackling software challenges.
We are a global software company with development offices in Belfast. In Belfast we build out new applications that run on a platform operating at volumes many times higher than stock exchanges. We compete against the world's biggest tech companies to support Ad Funded businesses. Our customers include many household names in the media and gaming industry.
In this role:
- As an embedded Software Development Engineer In Test you'll have the opportunity to work within a wide range of applications, such as user interfaces, big data & microservice architectures.
- You'll learn how to implement a continuous testing methodology within your team, driving an automation first approach to enable faster feedback throughout the development cycle.
- Make use of our principal engineers knowledge to learn new approaches to problem solving that will help you build elegant solutions to complex technical challenges.
- As a Software Development Engineer In Test you'll become the quality leader embedded within a software development team. You'll promote an automation first approach and adopt a continuous testing methodology within the team.
- Be involved in all stages of the product life cycle.
- Collaborate with the development & product team to define the acceptance criteria of development tickets.
- Perform exploratory, functional and non-functional testing
- Develop Continuous Integration for on-commit regression
- Develop Continuous Delivery pipelines to deliver release artifacts to a stage environment
- Configure monitoring of your teams products in post-release, gathering metrics and tracking issues.
- 3-4 years experience working within an agile testing environment
- Working knowledge of functional testing (UI/API)
- Experience in writing test cases, transferring them into automated tests
- Comfortable at a shell prompt (Unix/Linux)
- Understanding of source control (Git, Gerrit)
- Experience with using agile tools (JIRA, Confluence, Zephyr)
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated and a team player
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Experience testing within a cloud native microservice architecture
- Experience developing CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins as automation server
- Experience of UI Automation tools (Selenium, Protractor)
- Experience with non-functional testing (Performance, Security)
Training & Career development:
- Access to enterprise education resources with open subscription to
- Lynda.com and pluralsight.com
- SpotX knowledge for industry background
- Company paid social events and treats (e.g. boat trips, bowling, pub quiz, etc)
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Active Social Committee
- Stocked snack cupboard & beer fridge!
- Free Friday breakfasts
- Weekly Scone and Fruit delivery
- Great work-life balance and flexibility
- Great holidays, (25 days plus 10 bank holidays PLUS exceptional extras over Christmas!)
- Company pension plan and healthcare
- Learn in a fun, casual, team environment
- Amazing office location with panoramic views
- Free concert viewing from our office overseeing Custom House Square!
- Games room - ping pong, pool, games consoles
SpotX Core Values:
Customer Service, Integrity, Respect, Initiative, Collaboration, Innovation and Adaptability
SpotX is an equal opportunities employer
Learn more at www.spotx.tv and follow @SpotX on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Back to top