Senior C++ Developer
- Broomfield, CO
Join SpotX as a C++ Developer. SpotX, an RTL Group company, is the leading video advertising platform unifying TV and digital video globally
How you'll make an immediate impact:
- Building innovative digital ad technology that empowers customers and drives a free and open internet
- Solving "impossible" problems through experimentation and iteration, applying ideas to systems at scale.
- Standing on the shoulders of giants. Collaborating with other talented engineers in agile teams of 4-5 developers to evolve new and legacy systems into the next generation of ad tech.
- Driving performance and efficiency. Our software must handle billions of transactions per day, so every byte, every computation counts.
- Getting your hands dirty with a variety of technologies. From PHP, MySQL, and Java to C++, Python, Cassandra, and Kafka, we believe in the right tool for the job.
What we're looking for:
- Experience with Modern C++ 17/14/11
- A craftsman excited to build highly performant software using the full feature set of modern C++
- Enthusiasm for effective programming-- an ideal water cooler discussion would cover topics such as move semantics, zero cost abstractions, const correctness, type safety, and smart pointers.
- A desire to stay on top of the latest trends in technology, such as reading the most recent version of the C++20 spec or prototyping a cutting-edge NoSQL platform
- A passion for identifying and eliminating tech debt
Bonus SpotX'er talents:
- Automated Testing, Continuous integration, and Continuous Deployment using systems such as Jenkins
- Linux virtualization or containerization such as Docker
- Git version-control system and code review tools such Gerrit or Review Board
- Build systems such as Make/CMake
- Linux C/C++ compilers such as g++, gcc, or Clang
- Cassandra, ScyllaDB, or equivalent NoSQL technologies
- Network programming (TCP/IP, HTTP/S)
- GitHub- we like developers who like developing!
- Agile development including either Scrum or Kanban
- Strong Linux knowledge
- Large-scale, transnational environments (including high volume, fault tolerant, and scalable systems)
- Networking/API/microservice design with an emphasis on low latency systems
- Distributed/parallel processing
- Database systems, including both SQL + NoSQL
When you join our team, we offer:
- A fast-paced, innovative company building best-in-class technology from 12 offices around the world
- A fun, casual, and collaborative culture with a commitment to work-life balance
- Unlimited PTO including company closure from Christmas to New Years
- Comprehensive Benefits Package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k matching program and education assistance
- Free breakfast Fridays, fully stocked snack wall, gym reimbursement, charitable donation matching program
SpotX Core Values:
- Customer Service, Integrity, Respect, Initiative, Collaboration, Innovation and Adaptability
Visit our About Us page to learn more.
Back to top