C++ Software Developer
- Broomfield, CO
CO Salary Range: USD 250.00 per year;USD 75,000.00 - 105,000.00 per year;USD 50,000.00 per year
Join SpotX as a C++ Software Developer in Denver (Broomfield), Colorado.
SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally and is headquartered in Denver with 9 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 70 million households.
The C++ Software Developer role at SpotX is responsible for building innovative digital ad technology by collaborating with other talented engineers in agile teams of 4-5 developers to evolve new and legacy systems into the next generation of ad tech.
- PHP to C++ conversion of our marketplace
- Driving performance and efficiency. Our software must handle billions of transactions per day, so every byte, every computation counts.
- Solving "impossible" problems through experimentation and iteration, applying ideas to systems at scale.
- Enhancing new and legacy code for performance
- Collaborating and problem solving
- Work on an agile team comprised of 4 to 5 developers
- Getting your hands dirty with a variety of technologies. From PHP, MySQL, and Java to C++, Python, Cassandra, and Kafka, we believe in the right tool for the job.
- Participate in daily standup meetings: planning, estimation, retrospectives, demos, etc.
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
- Significant experience with Modern C++ 17 (required)
- Strong Linux knowledge (required)
- Large-scale transactional environments
- Distributed/parallel processing
- Networking/API/ Microservice design
- Low latency
- Significant database experience, including both SQL + NoSQL
- Webscale experience
- Cassandra experience
- Network programming
- GitHub account- we like developers who like developing!
- LAMP experience
- Agile development
- Believes in Continuous Integration
- Web-based environments
- This position is based in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, unlimited time off, a comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision insurance), 401k matching program, education assistance, gym reimbursement, parental leave and an annual technical education stipend
- The base compensation range for this role, depending on level I, II or III: $75,000 - $105,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- At SpotX, we strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We hire based on experience and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- COVID-19 Precautions: remote interview process, virtual onboarding for new hires
- An innovative company building best-in-class technology from 9 offices around the world (including Denver, New York City, London, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Belfast)
- A fun, casual, and collaborative culture with a commitment to work-life balance
- An award-winning organization, check out our latest accolades here
- Committed to work life balance, offering a company-wide annual holiday break: our offices are closed from Christmas to New Years
- Proud to give back through the SpotX for Change Program matches up to $250 per year of employee donations to charities. SpotX contributed over $50K to charitable organizations in 2020
- Featured on The Muse, learn more about our company and view employee testimonials here
- In the news...check out our latest updates here
We LOVE our customers.
We BELIEVE in our people.
We RESPECT each other.
We are DRIVEN.
We are SPOTX.
SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally. The company's solutions enable media owners to monetize content across all screens and streams while providing advertisers with direct access to brand-safe, premium inventory. With best-in-class technology purpose-built for video, SpotX's trusted, privacy-compliant solutions are employed by some of the largest media owners in the world including A+E Networks, Crackle Plus, The CW Network, Dentsu CCI, Discovery, Fox Corporation, fuboTV, LG, Microsoft, Newsy, Pluto TV, Roku, Samsung, Sling TV, and Vudu. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 70 million households. SpotX is a subsidiary of Bertelsmann's RTL Group and is headquartered in Denver with 9 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. Learn more at www.spotx.tv .
Back to top