Systems Engineer (DevOps)
We are looking for a Systems Engineer, who understands and embraces the devops philosophy, can work closely with dev teams in an agile workflow and is comfortable with cloud based infrastructure. If you're excited about building big data architectures and creating a PaaS then you should talk to us.
What you'll do:
- Effectively prioritize work and encourage best practices in others.
- Evaluate and implement technologies that improve efficiency, performance and reliability
- Develop and deliver creative solutions that automate systems engineer functions
- Analyze, design, implement and validate strategies for CI/CD workflows
- Design and implement automated dynamic environments to support the needs of delivery teams
- Collaborate with other engineers to develop deployment strategies for existing and new services
- Experience with building reliable systems at scale
What we're looking for:
- Ability to write quality code to solve automation/glue problems in one or more of these languages: Python, Ruby, Perl, or Go
- Expert-level knowledge of at least one configuration management system. Chef, Ansible, Puppet or CFEngine
- Familiar with a general SDLC workflow
- Must have expert-level knowledge of cloud-based infrastructures (AWS, Google App Engineer, etc)
- Understands a Continous Deployment/Continous Delivery model and is able to architect the workflow
- Experience with gathering metrics and making informed decisions about performance, etc
- Expert-level knowledge of one or more Linux distributions
- MySQL experience is a plus
- Experience with architecting big data platforms, including Spark, Hadoop, Elastic Search, etc
- Knows devops tools of the trade: "jenkins, rundeck, Netflix OSS, etc"
- Team lead experience is a plus
- Experience in a microservice environment
What we’ll provide:
- Top salary
- Flexible hours
- Casual dress code
- Stock options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Free lunch catering everyday
- Fully stocked fridges and snacks
- Gaming area with ping pong, foosball, etc.
- Weekly wellness activities and gym reimbursement
Meet Some of Spokeo's Employees
Nikki collaborates with the Marketing and Design Departments, handling design for all of Spokeo’s off-site communications—crafting the most effective emails, display ads, and social media campaigns.
Back to top