Systems Engineer (DevOps)
Spokeo is seeking a Systems Engineer (DevOps) to join us in Pasadena, CA. Spokeo builds innovative products that make your world more transparent. We help you know the people around you better so you can be more connected, more protected, and trust a little easier.
Spokeo reconnects friends, reunites families, uncovers catfishers, prevents fraud, stops criminals, and more. With over 12 billion records and 18 million monthly visitors, our team of only 200 tackles Facebook-sized challenges and pushes the limit of Amazon's cloud.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer, who understands and embraces the DevOps philosophy, can work closely with dev teams in an agile workflow and is comfortable with cloud based infrastructure. If you're excited about building big data architectures and creating a PaaS then you should talk to us.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Effectively prioritize work and encourage best practices in others.
- Evaluate and implement technologies that improve efficiency, performance and reliability
- Develop and deliver creative solutions that automate systems engineer functions
- Analyze, design, implement and validate strategies for CI/CD workflows
- Design and implement automated dynamic environments to support the needs of delivery teams
- Collaborate with other engineers to develop deployment strategies for existing and new services
- Experience with building reliable systems at scale
- Ability to write quality code to solve automation/glue problems in one or more of these languages: Python, Ruby, Perl, or Go
- Expert-level knowledge of at least one configuration management system. Chef, Ansible, Puppet or CFEngine
- Familiar with a general SDLC workflow
- Must have expert-level knowledge of cloud-based infrastructures (AWS, Google App Engineer, etc)
- Understands a Continous Deployment/Continous Delivery model and is able to architect the workflow
- Experience with gathering metrics and making informed decisions about performance, etc
- Expert-level knowledge of one or more Linux distributions
- MySQL experience is a plus
- Experience with architecting big data platforms, including Spark, Hadoop, Elastic Search, etc
- Knows devops tools of the trade: "jenkins, rundeck, Netflix OSS, etc"
- Team lead experience is a plus
- Experience in a microservice environment
- Top Salary
- Flexible Hours
- Casual Dress Code
- Stock Options
- Free Lunch Catering Every Day
- Gym Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Fully Stocked Fridge and Snacks
- Ping Pong, Foosball, and Pool Table
Meet Some of Spokeo's Employees
Software Development Manager
Tomer works in a dual role as part of the SEO and Performance Team, and also serves as the leader of the Premium Team, handling every aspect of the customer lifecycle.
Back to top