Software Development Manager, Test Automation/SDET
Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 20 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more. Every day our nimble team takes on enormous challenges in data science that push the limits of the cloud and search architecture.
Spokeo is seeking a Software Development Manager, Test Automation/SDET to join us in Pasadena, CA. You will lead a team of QA automation developers distributed across multiple cross-functional scrum teams to help ensure quality automation code is delivered each sprint. As a functional manager, you will help define and champion automation testing best practices and guide the efforts of multiple teams towards improved code coverage, fewer production bugs, efficient automation test suites, and performant web application code.
- Direct management of a team of QA automation engineers
- Ownership of web application testing frameworks, including test code architecture and infrastructure (AWS + Jenkins).
- Regular communication with product and engineering leaders to ensure all features meet our quality standards
- Establishing coding guidelines for automation tests, and enforcing these guidelines via code reviews.
- Maintaining consistent regression suites and alerting the team of regression failures.
- Mentoring QA developers in software quality, technical investigation of defects, defining clear test plans, and corner-case testing.
- The leadership of our CI/CD efforts, including the exploration and adoption of new tools and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years managing software developers.
- 5+ years of software development and testing experience.
- Solid foundation in object-oriented programming, algorithms, and data structures.
- Highly methodical test discipline, applicable across a full-stack web environment including UI components, RESTful APIs, SQL/NoSQL, data testing, and server-side model-view-controller code.
- Proven record of improving product test coverage and managing large suites of automated tests.
- Knowledge of agile methodology and Scrum framework.
- Experience with Selenium, Jest, BrowserStack, and Rspec strongly desired.
- Experience troubleshooting high-usage, high-throughput systems.
- Experience with client and server-side performance testing.
- Experience with web application security, both detection, and prevention measures.
- A team-first leadership style.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.
Back to top