Software Development Manager, Full-stack
Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 14 billion records and 15 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more.
- Direct management of a handful of engineers with opportunities to grow
- A supportive management structure with minimal politics where delegation and autonomy are valued (all managers were engineers at one point)
- Ownership of an area of code and ability to set architectural direction
- Immediate team impact on spokeo.com and its millions of visitors (we release every two weeks and are looking towards continuous deployment)
- Opportunity to shape our development process and code quality
- Daily interaction with technologies such as Ruby on Rails, React, Node.js, CSS, Rspec, Elasticsearch, and SQL
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years managing web application development teams
- 1+ years of guiding scrum-based teams (e.g., scrum master, technical lead, etc.)
- Passion for and experience with building collaborative teams and high-quality software
- A team-first leadership style
- Excellent project management and communication skills
Privacy Notice for Candidates: https://www.spokeo.com/recruiting-policy
Spokeo is an equal opportunity employer . Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Spokeo fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best products and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.
See Inside the Office of Spokeo
Founded in 2006 by a group of Stanford graduates seeking a simple way to keep up with their friends across a variety of social networks, Spokeo has since evolved into a massive resource of over 12 billion records across thousands of sources, serving an ever-growing user-base of over 18 million people.
Back to top