Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 18 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more. Every day our nimble team takes on enormous challenges in data science that push the limits of the cloud and search architecture.
Spokeo's QA team is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join us in Pasadena, CA. In this role, you will be responsible for defining, reviewing, and executing test protocols. You will also provide frontline support for identifying and debugging software defects. The ideal candidate will also investigate complex issues and provide analysis, potentially including fix recommendations.
- Gather and document test case requirements
- Clearly, log defects, maintain test data and monitor test performance over time
- Design, develop and execute automated unit tests, integration tests, and user-acceptance tests, both black-box, and white-box test cases
- Develop and maintain test jobs on continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins
- Set up and maintain test environments and test infrastructure on Amazon Web Services
- Develop, execute and maintain performance tests and reports
- Investigate incoming bug reports by reproducing issues and investigating logs
- Work collaboratively with software developers
- Mentor Junior team members
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information technology or related field and 4 years of software development experience (or alternatively, a Master's degree and 2 years of experience)
- Strong Web testing and automation skills, in-depth knowledge with Selenium WebDriver, familiar with one or more modern test frameworks, such as RSpec.
- Strong Linux background
- Experience in one or more programming languages, such as Ruby or Java
- In-Depth infrastructure knowledge, Amazon Web Services preferred
- In-Depth SQL experience
- In-Depth experience in API testing, performance testing, familiar with one or more performance testing tools, such as Gatling, Siege, JMeter, or Grinder
- In-Depth QA Methodologies
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are required
- Must possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Be highly self-motivated and ready to learn new concepts and technologies
- Have strong interpersonal skills, writing, and communication skills, as well as a dedication to software quality
- Daily catered lunches
- Unlimited drinks and snacks
- Flexible hours
- Casual dress code
- Company events
- Team events
- Bi-annual reviews
- Game room (pool, foosball, air hockey, ping pong)
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.
See Inside the Office of Spokeo
Founded in 2006 by a group of Stanford graduates seeking a simple way to keep up with their friends across a variety of social networks, Spokeo has since evolved into a massive resource of over 12 billion records across thousands of sources, serving an ever-growing user-base of over 18 million people.
Back to top