Senior Software Developer, ETL
Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 18 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more. Every day our nimble team takes on enormous challenges in data science that push the limits of the cloud and search architecture.
As a Senior Software Developer, ETL at Spokeo, you will be responsible for implementing ETL processes using a variety of data sources. This can include the effort to locate and analyze source data, create data flows to extract, profile and store ingested data, define and implement data cleansing, map data to a common schema, transform data to satisfy business rules and validate content.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to define business logic for source-to-target data mappings and integration workflows.
- Profiling source data to assess the quality and inform business logic.
- Developing source-to-target data mappings and transformations to support business requirements.
- Collaborating with Data Engineers to optimize, automate and integrate new components into the data pipeline.
- Mentoring and ensuring the implementation of technical best practices for data governance, data quality, data cleansing, and other ETL related activities.
- Leading ad-hoc investigations into data anomalies as needed.
- B.S. preferred in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Minimum of five years of development experience with Pentaho (or equivalent tools such as Talend, DataStage, and Informatica)
- Big Data experience in ETL tools such as Pentaho AEL or Informatica Blaze.
- Advanced SQL coding skills for data transformations, profiling, and query tasks.
- Experience in agile environments such as scrum and Kanban.
- Preference for open source big data skills in tools such as Hive, HBase, parquet, Spark.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.
Back to top