Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 18 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more.
Spokeo is seeking a Senior Software Developer, API to join us in Pasadena, CA. We'll give challenging work in an amazing tech company that is positioned to expand. We'll also provide you with opportunities to learn, innovate, and have an impact in our dev culture where we truly take care of our employees.
- Write clean and performant code for our backed data services REST API
- Work cross-functionally to support data access needs for multiple databases
- Collaborate with product owners, QA, and DevOps across multiple Scrum teams
- Create and maintain documentation including API usage and logic flow diagrams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of development experience in web applications and/or backend APIs
- 4+ years using SQL and NoSQL technologies
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Lucene, and/or Solr
- Experience developing with cloud services, AWS recommended
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting high-usage, high-throughput systems
- Experience optimizing application performance and database queries
- Strong foundation in object-oriented programming, algorithms, and data structures
- Experience with services, microservices, and serverless environments a plus
- Knowledge of agile methodology and Scrum framework a plus
Privacy Notice for Candidates: https://www.spokeo.com/recruiting-policy
Spokeo is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Spokeo fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best products and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.