Senior QA Developer (SDET)
Spokeo is seeking a Senior QA Developer to join us in Pasadena, CA. Spokeo builds innovative products that make your world more transparent. We help you know the people around you better so you can be more connected, more protected, and trust a little easier.
Spokeo reconnects friends, reunites families, uncovers catfishers, prevents fraud, stops criminals, and more. With over 12 billion records and 18 million monthly visitors, our team of only 200 tackles Facebook-sized challenges and pushes the limit of Amazon's cloud.
As a Senior QA Developer, you will be responsible for defining, reviewing, and executing test protocols. You will also provide frontline support for identifying and debugging software defects. The ideal candidate will also investigate complex issues and provide analysis, potentially including fix recommendations.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Gather and document test case requirements
- Clearly log defects, maintain test data, and monitor test performance over time
- Design, develop, and execute automated unit tests, integration tests, and user-acceptance tests, both black-box and white-box test cases
- Develop and maintain test jobs on continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins
- Set up and maintain test environments and test infrastructure on Amazon Web Services
- Develop, execute and maintain performance tests and reports
- Investigate incoming bug reports by reproducing issues and investigating logs
- Work collaboratively with software developers
- Mentor Junior team members
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information technology or related field and five years of software development experience (or alternatively, a Master's degree and three years of experience)
- Strong Web testing and automation skills, in-depth knowledge with Selenium WebDriver, familiar with one or more modern test frameworks, such as RSpec.
- Strong Linux background
- Experience in one or more programming languages, such as Ruby or Java
- In-Depth infrastructure knowledge, Amazon Web Services preferred
- In-Depth SQL experience
- In-Depth experience in API testing, performance testing, familiar with one or more performance testing tools, such as Gatling, Siege, JMeter, or Grinder
- In-Depth QA Methodologies
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are required
- Must possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Be highly self-motivated and ready to learn new concepts and technologies
- Have strong interpersonal skills, writing, and communication skills, as well as a dedication to software quality
- Top Salary
- Flexible Hours
- Casual Dress Code
- Stock Options
- Free Lunch Catering Every Day
- Gym Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Fully Stocked Fridge and Snacks
- Ping Pong, Foosball, and Pool Table
Meet Some of Spokeo's Employees
Nikki collaborates with the Marketing and Design Departments, handling design for all of Spokeo’s off-site communications—crafting the most effective emails, display ads, and social media campaigns.
Back to top