Senior Backend QA Developer (SDET)
The Sr. Backend QA Developer will be responsible for defining, reviewing, and executing test protocols. They will also provide frontline support for identifying and debugging software defects. The Sr. Backend QA Developer will investigate complex issues and provide analysis, potentially including fix recommendations. The primary responsibility of this position is to help engineers and maintain test infrastructure for backend team products.
What you'll do:
- Gather and document test case requirements.
- Clearly log defects, maintain test data, and monitor test performance over time.
- Design, develop, and execute automated unit tests, integration tests, and user-acceptance tests, both black-box and white-box test cases.
- Develop and maintain test scripts in UNIX Shell.
- Develop and maintain test jobs on continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins.
- Develop, execute and maintain performance tests and reports.
- Investigate incoming bug reports by reproducing issues and investigating logs.
- Work collaboratively with software developers.
- Mentor Junior team members.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information technology or related field and five years of software development experience (or alternatively, a Master's degree and three years of experience)
- Strong Linux background.
- In-Depth experience in UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Experience in one or more programming languages, such as Ruby or Java.
- Strong SQL experience.
- In-Depth experience in API testing, ETL testing, performance testing tools, such as Gatling, Siege, or Grinder.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are required.
- Must possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Be highly self-motivated and ready to learn new concepts and technologies.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, writing, and communication skills, as well as a dedication to software quality.
- NoSQL experience is preferred.
What we’ll provide:
- Top salary
- Flexible hours
- Casual dress code
- Stock options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Free lunch catering everyday
- Fully stocked fridges and snacks
- Gaming area with ping pong, foosball, etc.
- Weekly wellness activities and gym reimbursement
Meet Some of Spokeo's Employees
Nikki collaborates with the Marketing and Design Departments, handling design for all of Spokeo’s off-site communications—crafting the most effective emails, display ads, and social media campaigns.
Back to top