Senior Back End Developer
Spokeo is seeking for a Senior Backend Developer to join us in Pasadena, CA. Spokeo builds innovative products that make your world more transparent. We help you know the people around you better so you can be more connected, more protected, and trust a little easier.
Spokeo reconnects friends, reunites families, uncovers catfishers, prevents fraud, stops criminals, and more. With over 12 billion records and 18 million monthly visitors, our team of only 200 tackles Facebook-sized challenges and pushes the limit of Amazon's cloud.
On the Spokeo backend, engineers get a chance to work with very large data sets, with hundreds of millions of records each. Not only that, but we're collecting data from a wide range of public sources, so merging, organizing, and querying these data sets becomes a major challenge. Needless to say, Spokeo deals with problems of ginormous scale, so a strong understanding and appreciation for algorithms and efficiency is desired. These are tasks that you generally won't see on a day-to-day basis, so get excited.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with high performance, high traffic web systems
- Experience with modern "big data" technology such as ElasticSearch, Hadoop, NoSQL, etc
- A solid understanding of OO design and all Computer Science fundamentals
- Top Salary
- Flexible Hours
- Casual Dress Code
- Stock Options
- Free Lunch Catering Every Day
- Gym Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Fully Stocked Fridge and Snacks
- Ping Pong, Foosball, and Pool Table
Meet Some of Spokeo's Employees
Nikki collaborates with the Marketing and Design Departments, handling design for all of Spokeo’s off-site communications—crafting the most effective emails, display ads, and social media campaigns.
Back to top