- Pasadena, CA
Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 18 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more.
As Spokeo's General Counsel, you will act as the primary legal advisor for the company. You will work on challenging legal issues and handle the company's legal affairs while we build products that redefine data transparency. As an integrated part of the team, you will be responsible for supporting the business across all functions and managing Spokeo's legal affairs.
- Drive overall legal strategy while managing day-to-day legal operations.
- Provide practical legal advice and support across the business, including to the executive team, marketing, product development, engineering, finance, and human resources.
- Write, review, and negotiate a broad range of complex agreements with business partners, including data licenses, vendor agreements, banking, and real estate transactions.
- Assist in executing business development and partnership transactions.
- Develop and execute strategies related to data use, data privacy, user-generated content, and intellectual property.
- Handle legal disputes, litigation, and outside counsel as necessary.
- Manage legal, corporate governance, and policy-related efforts to ensure ongoing compliance with company standards, U.S. law, and government regulations.
- J.D. and active license with the bar of the State of California.
- 10+ years of legal experience, including 2+ years of in-house experience in a tech company.
- Exceptional drafting and communication skills; ability to convey legal advice clearly and effectively with employees at all levels.
- Willingness to "roll up your sleeves" and get work done without reliance on a team.
- Excellent legal and practical judgment with strong problem-solving skills.
- Results-oriented, with a high sense of urgency and good time management skills.
- Must be flexible and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of privacy and security laws and regulations such as FCRA, CCPA, GDPR, COPPA, GLBA, DPPA, FACTA, CFAA, DMCA, CDA, FTC, etc.
Privacy Notice for Candidates: https://www.spokeo.com/recruiting-policy
Spokeo is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Spokeo fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best products and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.
Back to top