We've spent years agonizing over the best way to construct an elegant, simplistic, yet highly powerful people search engine, the fruits of which have only recently become very real and very relevant to the way public data is surfaced on the web. In order to perfect our suite of products and take Spokeo to the next level, we need you, assuming you're an awesome web app developer.
As the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for building features based on product specs from product managers and/or designers. Those features might involve any of our products, from the universal people search interface and functionality to the construction of family trees to a portal that connects customers to employees and employer data. You will work closely with your team to iterate on these and other features, the end goal being--we hope--a beautiful, usable product that connects people to information without hassle. Note: most of this work will be performed in Ruby on Rails.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 0-2 years experience in leading or managing teams
- 8+ years of web app development experience
- Web application development experience in Ruby on Rails (or other modern MVC framework)
- A solid understanding of OO design, all Computer Science fundamentals and NoSQL and SQL database concepts and performance
We Provide The Following Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Stock Options
We Provide The Following Perks:
- Flexible Hours
- Casual Dress Code
- Free Lunch Catering Every Day
- Wellness Classes
- Gym Reimbursement
- Fully Stocked Fridge and Snacks
- Ping Pong, Foosball, and Pool Table
Meet Some of Spokeo's Employees
Software Development Manager
Tomer works in a dual role as part of the SEO and Performance Team, and also serves as the leader of the Premium Team, handling every aspect of the customer lifecycle.
Back to top