Data Warehouse Manager, ETL
Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 14 billion records and 15 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more.
As the Data Warehouse Manager, ETL you will lead and mentor the ETL team responsible for processing the public record data powering Spokeo's people-search products. This is an exciting opportunity to help transform the quality of the data we process, partnering with business stakeholders, data scientists, and big data developers. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the challenges associated with big data aggregation with a focus on quality.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to define business logic for source-to-target mappings and integration workflows.
- Development of scalable, modular, and robust ETL routines, using ETL tools and external programming/scripting languages as necessary.
- Developing and mentoring the ETL development team, ensuring that best practices are implemented for data governance, data quality, data cleansing, and other ETL related activities.
- Utilizing insights from data profiling reports and business use cases to drive processing decisions.
- Creating and maintaining the company data dictionary as well as technical documentation for source-to-target mapping.
- Assisting in production support by resolving source data issues and refining transformation rules when needed.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to design and develop our data warehouse, data marts, and data models
- B.S. preferred in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields.
- 5+ years of development experience with Pentaho (or equivalent tools such as Talend, DataStage, and Informatica)
- 3+ years of experience managing, motivating and mentoring a team.
- Advanced SQL coding skills for data transformations, profiling, and query tasks.
- Experience with data warehousing, data modeling, and database architecture.
- Experience in agile environments using Scrum and/or Kanban and software development life cycle.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Preference for open source big data experience with tools such as Hive, HBase, Parquet, Spark, etc.
Privacy Notice for Candidates: https://www.spokeo.com/recruiting-policy
Spokeo is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Spokeo fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best products and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.
See Inside the Office of Spokeo
Founded in 2006 by a group of Stanford graduates seeking a simple way to keep up with their friends across a variety of social networks, Spokeo has since evolved into a massive resource of over 12 billion records across thousands of sources, serving an ever-growing user-base of over 18 million people.
Back to top