Data Warehouse Engineer
Spokeo's analytics team is looking for a Data Warehouse Engineer to join us in Pasadena, CA. Spokeo builds innovative products that make your world more transparent. We help you know the people around you better so you can be more connected, more protected, and trust a little easier.
Spokeo reconnects friends, reunites families, uncovers catfishers, prevents fraud, stops criminals, and more. With over 12 billion records and 18 million monthly visitors, our team of only 200 tackles Facebook-sized challenges and pushes the limit of Amazon's cloud.
In this role, he/she would have high visibility and opportunity to analyze and extract insights to help strategize and optimize business channels (marketing, product, customer service). You would perform in depth analysis, design tests and provide recommendation and insights base on thoughtful data-driven analysis. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on individual with strong analytical background and proven quantitative skills to help improve business process and initiatives. He/she should be comfortable working with cross-functional teams and eager to be a strategic partner in analytics assignments.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing, and Customer Care teams to uncover complex issues, understand business challenges, design scientific analytical process, improve functional efficiency and assist in infrastructure definition, data strategy and analytics roadmaps
- Perform data analytics, statistical/mathematical modeling and prototype designs
- Data exploration, design of experiments (A/B and multivariate tests) and hypothesis validation to deliver meaningful insights and recommendations for better process and experience
- Engage in independent research and experimentation of new methodologies to discover new insights, improvements and/or problems. Deliver findings and interpretation of results to management team through data visualization, presentation, or training sessions
- Guide and educate analysts on best analytical practices during projects
- Not afraid of ambiguity and understand pragmatic vs. good to know. Willing to utilize analytics to tell the truth and propose improvements to the business.
- MS or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Econometrics or Psychology
- 4+ years experience utilizing quantitative research and analytics to drive significant business impact with some experience in increasing customer satisfaction, engagement and/or improving marketing/product efficiency. Strong experience working with business teams a plus
- Solid understanding experimentation, predictive analytics and/or machine learning
- Good algorithmic thinking, strong interpersonal skills with business acumen and ability to translate business objectives to analytical framework and action items
- Comfortable training and dealing with wide range of audience
- Proficiency working with statistical tools (such as R, SAS), database query languages (SQL) and some scripting language (such as Python)
- Top Salary
- Flexible Hours
- Casual Dress Code
- Stock Options
- Free Lunch Catering Every Day
- Gym Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Fully Stocked Fridge and Snacks
- Ping Pong, Foosball, and Pool Table
Meet Some of Spokeo's Employees
Nikki collaborates with the Marketing and Design Departments, handling design for all of Spokeo’s off-site communications—crafting the most effective emails, display ads, and social media campaigns.
Back to top