Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 14 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more.
We are looking for a Data Engineer, Analytics to join our team and help build our NextGen customer data management, analytics, and ML platform. This role will work as part of the larger data science and analytics team to build and maintain business-critical data pipelines and infrastructure.
- Design and build maintainable and scalable infrastructure for data extraction, preparation, and loading of data from backend services and web browser clients to our data lake and other reporting databases
- Build and manage tools to monitor pipeline performance and provide deeper insight into pipeline metrics
- Monitor data pipelines and services for issues and ensure identified bugs are routed and resolved
- Work with large, complex SQL and NoSQL databases
- Create and maintain technical documentation and write well-abstracted, reusable, and efficient code
- 2+ years of experience in data engineering or software development
- Strong competency in SQL
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with AWS eco-system and working with services like EMR, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, etc.
- Experience working with large data sets in a Hadoop or Spark environment
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented mindset
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent skills and experience
Spokeo is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Spokeo fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best products, and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.