Spokeo is seeking a Data Engineer to join us in Pasadena, CA. Spokeo builds innovative products that make your world more transparent. We help you know the people around you better so you can be more connected, more protected and trust a little easier.
Spokeo is a people search engine that both enlightens and empowers our customers. With over 12 billion records and 18 million visitors per month, we reconnect friends, reunite families, prevent fraud, and more. Every day our nimble team takes on enormous challenges in data science that push the limits of the cloud and search architecture.
We are looking for a Data Engineer with an eye for building and optimizing big data systems to join our team. Working in an AWS, Spark, Hadoop ecosystem, this role will work closely with the engineering and analyst teams to direct the flow of data within the pipeline and ensure consistency of data delivery and utilization.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Design and build the infrastructure for data extraction, preparation, and loading of data from a variety of sources.
- Build and manage existing analytic tools to provide deeper insight into the pipeline and capture key metrics.
- Monitor technical performance and ensure that identified bugs are routed and resolved.
- Mentor team members on working with highly scalable distributed systems and cluster architectures and maintain up-to-date knowledge of technological advances.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Work with large, complex SQL/NoSQL databases
- Create unit and stress test scripts/modules.
- Write well-abstracted, reusable and efficient code.
Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent)
- Hands-on scripting or programming
- Experience working in big data ecosystem (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka) with complex SQL/NoSQL databases (Cassandra, DynamoDB)
- Experience and understanding of ETL tools.
- Prior experience working with highly-scalable, distributed systems and cluster architectures (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc.)
- Prior experience working with large data sets ( > 10 billion).
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.
Back to top