Copywriter & Community Manager
Spokeo’s marketing team is looking for a Copywriter & Community Manager to join us in Pasadena, CA. Spokeo builds innovative products that make your world more transparent. We help you know the people around you better so you can be more connected, more protected, and trust a little easier.
Spokeo reconnects friends, reunites families, uncovers catfishers, prevents fraud, stops criminals, and more. With over 12 billion records and 18 million monthly visitors, our team of only 200 tackles Facebook-sized challenges and pushes the limit of Amazon's cloud.
As a Copywriter & Community Manager at Spokeo, you’ll draft, edit, proof and distribute copy for a variety of Spokeo product and brand assets and contribute to both new and existing marketing campaigns. You will also manage Spokeo’s social media presence. You will work cross-departmentally with the communications, digital marketing, and product teams. You should be an exceptional story teller, writer, and researcher with strong marketing savvy.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Researching and writing engaging copy for a variety of brand and product communications including: website landing pages, blog articles, infographics, display advertisements, product marketing materials, educational collateral, marketing emails, and more
- Community management for all Spokeo social media platforms
- Maintaining brand and voice guidelines to ensure consistency throughout all of our products and communications
- Maintaining database of customer testimonials, identifying stories that require further development, and coordinating with customer care to research and capture larger stories
- Contributing to editorial calendar development by researching and pitching story angles to the team
- At least 3-5 years of solid writing experience
- Capable of writing in a variety of styles
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or other relevant subject
- Grammar expert with exceptional editing skills
- Astute and resourceful researching capabilities
- Experience working in WordPress or similar CMS platforms
- Bonus: experience in fast-paced technology/startup environment
- Top Salary
- Flexible Hours
- Casual Dress Code
- Stock Options
- Free Lunch Catering Every Day
- Gym Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Fully Stocked Fridge and Snacks
- Ping Pong, Foosball, and Pool Table
Meet Some of Spokeo's Employees
Nikki collaborates with the Marketing and Design Departments, handling design for all of Spokeo’s off-site communications—crafting the most effective emails, display ads, and social media campaigns.
Back to top