Join one of the world's best threat research teams as we shape the industry's ability to detect, disrupt and remediate cybersecurity vulnerabilities. We are a company filled with people passionate about our product and seeking to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun, and, most importantly, to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Splunk Threat Research Team (STRT) researches the emerging threat landscape to develop detections that significantly improve upon the state of the art in Splunk's Security product suites. The team also provides thought leadership in the Security Analytics community through publications and novel research.
As the Sr. Manager, Splunk Threat Research Team (STRT), you will be responsible to lead one of the premiere threat research teams in the industry. As the Manager of this team, you will be responsible for setting the technical direction for the organization by setting priorities and achievable goals; growing the team by paying attention to career development, coaching, and communication; and producing valuable solutions to customer concerns by staying ahead of emerging and evolving security threats.
You will be directly influencing Splunk's direction as you shape the agenda for the team responsible for powering our security platforms.
This is a fantastic team conducting some of the best cybersecurity threat research on the planet in one of the most dominant cybersecurity companies today. This is an opportunity to lead that team. If that possibility excites you, we would love to talk.
- Lead a team of threat researchers and oversee the content they build from initial prototypes to production
- Rapidly design, develop, and deploy detections and response techniques in highly disparate environments working across the entirety of Splunk
- Collaborate with data scientists, threat intel analysts, SOC leaders, and our customers to create the best security content available anywhere
- Work closely with security product managers and product/platform engineering teams to drive the direction of threat detection and remediation for a dominant cybersecurity company
- Advanced degree in Information Security, Computer Science or related technical field
- 8+ years of threat research or SOC/NOC analysis or leadership
- Proven track record of leading threat researchers to deliver high-quality security content readily usable by customers
- 2+ years experience with information security, threat detection, or related domains
- 2+ years of hiring, managing, and leading globally distributed security teams
- Experience with Splunk's products
- Domain expertise in network security, cloud security, systems security, software security, malware analysis, or other related areas
- Experience leading open-source software projects at scale
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and benefits, and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, an ESPP and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering here.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $192,000 - 264,000 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), Washington DC Metro, and Massachusetts
Base Pay Range: $172,000 - 236,500 per year
All other cities and states excluding California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York City Metro Area and Washington DC Metro Area.
Base Pay Range: $156,000 - 214,500 per year