Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for interns for Summer 2023! As a Backend/Full-stack Software Engineer intern, you will work on a real project (or a few) and have an opportunity to enjoy our dynamic, startup-like environment.
You will experience Splunking and what defines our culture while honing the skills which separate our development teams from others. Working to support internal and external customer needs, you will collaborate with multi-functional teams, receive mentorship, and gain insight into our values-driven process. Our goal is both to support your growth and development while empowering you for a successful start to your career.
You will get to work with smart and hardworking individuals who are doing state of the art development work (native mobile, front-end and back-end, DevOps) in areas of machine learning, data analytics, infrastructure and event correlations across silos to build best-in-class business analytics software. You will be interacting with product management and customers to understand detailed requirements. You will also work with other engineering teams across Splunk to design and build high-performance solutions.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Design, develop, code and test software systems, or applications for software improvements and new products.
- Build innovative solutions that enable rapid development.
- Contribute through participation in agile development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing, and ongoing support of systems.
- Make an impact through your recommended modifications to processes and procedures, and directly contribute to standard methodologies, architecture, and implementation.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, and a strong record of academic achievement.
- Applicants should have a minimum of one quarter/semester remaining in their studies after their internship concludes.
- The Splunk internship program runs for a minimum of 10 weeks, up to a maximum of 12 consecutive weeks with start dates between May and June 2023. Applicants should be available to participate full-time (40 hours/week) in an internship during this time.
- Familiarity with one mainstream programming language, such as Go, Java, or Python
- Exposure to docker, Kubernetes, or public cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Exposure to working with REST APIs
- Familiarity with test-driven development, writing various levels of automated tests, such as unit test, functional test, integration test, system test, or performance / load test
- Understanding of CI/CD
- Familiarity with modern version control system, such as Git
- Experience building meaningful software applications: in a class, as a personal hobby, as a job, as part of an open source project
- Experience collaborating with others in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- A fun and collaborative environment with many exciting events from interacting with other interns to conversations with our executive leadership team.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. The base pay for this position is dependent on work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for benefits.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay: $38.00 per hour
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), Washington DC Metro, and Massachusetts
Base Pay: $36.00 per hour
All other cities and states excluding California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York City Metro Area and Washington DC Metro Area.
Base Pay: $34.00 per hour