Senior Manager, Global Observability Strategists
The primary function of the GTM Strategy & Specialization organization is to unify, advance and expand the value of the Splunk portfolio by providing deep domain expertise to drive execution and incubate new and emerging Security, IT and DevOps use-cases and solutions. Over time, Global Strategists will transition successful incubation-stage use cases and solutions to in-theater Prime RSM, Sales Engineer and Solution Architect competencies and roles, while they will continue to focus on what's new and what's next to stay ahead of customer, market, and technology trends.
As the Manager for Global Observability Strategists focused on product success & customer adoption, you will lead a team of domain "black belts" in O11y focused on Observability customer journey across our solutions to accelerate customer value or "time to wow". You will manage a global team that will execute closely with theater partners in AMER, EMEA, and APAC, and report up through the Global O11y Strategist organization. You will be responsible for driving the execution, adoption, and success metrics for our largest Observability customers renewing in FY24, and high visibility executive reporting and readouts on customer experience barriers to adoption in O11y. Your role will be critical for bringing insights to a cross-functional leader team invested in O11y business acceleration and surfacing needs for sales, technical sales, customer success, customer adoption marketing, customer advocacy, and product management/roadmap.
This is a critical leadership role focused on the Observability customer journey and creating a high-value adoption playbook based on common Observability use cases that requires the ability to execute the aforementioned incubation-stage use cases, with the goal of making the Observability products "sticky" with customers and eventually scaling adoption to be executed by the broader Splunk CS teams over time. In this role, you will play a key role for customer feedback back into Observability product development efforts focused on adoption, UI/UX, unified data strategy (GDI, OTEL, SPL2) and cross-functional o11y adoption leader influencing adoption content & resources for customer & practitioner marketing, CS adoption playbooks, and new field solution development to accelerate common customer use cases and showcasing unique o11y customer use cases.
- Lead the O11y product success team to develop and test new customer adoption maturity models, adoption resources and playbooks, customer adoption workshops, unique .conf use cases CS / TSAM enablement content, and O11y thought leadership to showcase and accelerate adoption of emerging monitoring & Observability use-cases and solutions.
- Advocate for Observability customer needs and outcomes internally as a O11y GTM lead in NPI/product release planning, and corporate planning including SP planning, sales, and CS strategy & ops to drive strategic business growth areas for Splunk Observability.
- Evangelize Splunk Observability's vision, strategy and roadmap at industry events, conferences like Kubecon and AWS Reinvent, .conf, and local O11y user groups with global customers and partners.
- Mentor Observability talent, both within our O11y strategist team and across the customer success organization at Splunk as we look to continue to increase and advance Splunk internal expertise in Observability.
- 10+ years of customer-facing roles in enterprise sales, professional services, or customer success - experience selling and working with pure SaaS solutions in multi-tenant architectures in a technical sales, product or practitioner experience in the IT & Observability industry.
- 5+ years of industry observability domain expertise and experience including:
- Experience working in an engineering/software development environment with knowledge of current programming languages including Java, Python, PHP, .NET, Ruby, Node.js, Go, etc.
- Experience positioning solutions relevant to cloud architectures including containers or microservices on the AWS, GCP, and Azure platforms where you are certified or eager to become certified
- Familiarity with common industry monitoring frameworks like Four Golden Signals, LETS, DORA, MTTx, etc.
- Familiarity with common observability products, data sources, data collector and instrumentation like Open Telemetry, and their use for basic and advanced detection methods, including cloud-based data sources
- Familiarity with competing monitoring and observability technologies such as AppDynamics, Datadog, New Relic, Honeycomb, and Grafana is a real advantage in this role, as well as complementary DevOps and ITOps technologies
- Strong executive-level presence and polish, both internally and externally
- Experience managing teams responsible for customer implementation and adoption within complex observability enterprise organizations, preferably in a new/emerging market or with a new/emerging product- tailoring messaging up and down a customer persona (from CIO reporting to engineers/developers and SREs on the frontline of O11y operations)
- Ability to communicate concisely and accurately with no fear of public speaking to audiences large and small
- Self-starter who is passionate about technology and the cloud space
- Ability to work remotely with a minimum of daily supervision and across multiple time zones
- Demonstrated ability to work within cross-functional teams tasked with full sales lifecycle support
- Portfolio of public-facing materials: whitepapers, blogs, presentations, or training that you have authored communicating technical concepts.
- Bachelor's degree in technical field required. Masters or equivalent a plus.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the On Target Earnings (OTE) ranges are guidelines and for candidates who receive an offer, the OTE pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to OTE, this role is eligible for benefits, and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, an ESPP and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering here.
OTE Pay Ranges
For sales roles the ranges are expressed as On Target Earning or OTE (OTE = base + incentives in the form of sales incentive plans).
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
On Target Earnings: $304,000.00 - 418,000.00 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), New York (excludes NYC Metro Area), and all other states.
On Target Earnings: $284,000.00 - 390,500.00 per year