Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Senior Applied Scientist in the Artificial Intelligence group, you will be responsible for developing the core AI/ML capabilities to power the entire Splunk product portfolio and help our customers to drive their journey to digital resiliency. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, mentor junior team members, and help drive the scientific roadmap of the area.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead the development of core AI/ML models and algorithms that drive our product's key use cases in the cybersecurity and observability domains.
- Collaborate closely with software engineers, applied scientists, and product managers to integrate generative AI solutions into our products and services.
- Stay up to date with the latest research and developments in the field of AI/ML, and ensure that these advancements are properly incorporated into our technology roadmap.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to team members to ensure the development of their skills.
- Actively participate in cross-functional discussions and strategic decisions related to AI research directions and product roadmaps.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- PhD in Computer Science or a related field with at least 2 years of experience OR MS in Computer Science or related field with at least 5 years of industry experience
- In-depth knowledge and proven track record in AI/ML technology, including deep learning, time series modeling, natural language processing, and unsupervised learning.
- In-depth knowledge and proven track record in Generative AI technology and Large Language Models (LLM).
- Experience developing large-scale, complex models and deploying them in production systems.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to translate research insights into practical solutions that address real-world challenges.
- Deep understanding of ML frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch) and programming languages commonly used in AI research.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in the Cybersecurity and/or Observability industry is preferred.
Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer: At Splunk, we believe creating a culture of belonging isn't just the right thing to do; it's also the smart thing. We prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging to ensure our employees are supported to bring their best, most authentic selves to work where they can thrive. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $163,200.00 - 224,400.00 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), Washington DC Metro, and Massachusetts
Base Pay Range: $148,000.00 - 203,500.00 per year
All other cities and states excluding California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York City Metro Area and Washington DC Metro Area.
Base Pay Range: $136,800.00 - 188,100.00 per year
Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out above, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.