Sr. Software Engineer, Platform
- New York, NY
Architect, implement and maintain core business services in production. Use domain driven design, API design, and database design to plan iterative development of features and functionality. Lead and mentor other engineers in how to architect and how to implement distributed systems. Join in architecture and code review providing insight into ideals and risks of any given approach. Dig in hands on to help deliver business value for our internal and external customers. Collaborate cross-functionally with product, design, and other teams in engineering to create a flow of value into production. Help improve developer experience by crafting tools and building pipelines that make shipping easy and low risk.
You’ll play a critical role in the team ensuring Splice is available and performing for all of the artists who rely on us every day. You’ll be entrusted with safeguarding the product of artists’ hard work, ensuring they can focus on their creative process.
As advocates for artists everywhere, we’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We encourage inclusion, collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, respect, accountability, and transparency in the workplace. We’re trailblazers who aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble offers an opportunity to continuously improve our processes, products, strategies, and even ourselves.
We value inclusion and diversity - your uniqueness makes us stronger.
What you’ll do:
We expect that a software engineer at this level:
- Delivers on large, complex tasks with multiple components; investigates and resolves areas of significant ambiguity; identifies the work and breaks down tasks contributing to the team’s objectives over the next 2-3 months
- Increasingly engages with business decisions and the music industry as a whole by proposing ideas and initiatives in service of top engineering goals
- Spots quality risks across the platform and gets in front of them with solutions before implementation; sets an example for quality in work; engages across teams and team members to ensure proper reviews and testing, and that team members are learning and improving our process
- Helps make decisions as to what the team will be working on and successfully manages cross-team commitments, their progress, and roadmap to delivery
- Is a role model for being flexible, models and helps others adapt to changes in processes, and depicts a mindset of continuous improvement
What we're looking for:
- You have relevant work experience in building and maintaining production software.
- You share our vision to advocate for artists and become the most iconic company in music.
- You’re self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes.
- You have a bias towards action and experimentation.
- You care about quality. It drives you.
- You are comfortable, or even prefer working across technical stacks.
- You get excited about data and using it to make technical decisions.
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are comfortable both deploying and maintaining code.
- Experience working in or with distributed teams
- Experience programming in golang or another strongly typed multithreaded language
- Experience with AWS, Mysql, and ECS
- Experience working with remote people and remote teams
Back to top