Sr. PR & Communications Manager
- New York, NY
Music does something to us.
Bliss, flow, high... call it what you want, but you know it when you feel it. It’s when you’re making music and you’re in the zone. Headphones on, and it’s just flowing out of you. A deeper moment, with a deeper connection to it. Those moments are not ordinary. They’re not everyday. They’re transcendent.
Now imagine a world with more of these moments. That’s the world we believe in. And it’s what we’re here to create.
At Splice, we seek to empower all musicians to realize their creative potential and unleash it on the world. We do this by relentlessly serving them, evolving their creative process and developing opportunities for them to thrive.
Splice seeks a communications strategist to join the team to help evolve and tell the story of how Splice is transforming the music industry and how the industry is transforming around Splice. The ideal candidate is a fantastic writer who can flex styles to write on behalf of Splice, to ghostwrite on behalf of execs, and potentially even write for consumers; the ideal candidate is also a fantastic thinker who deeply understands the music industry today -- the nuances of the interesting issues at hand, the perspectives of different players in the industry, the channels and outlets where different constituents are getting their news and joining the conversation. This person will report to the VP of Marketing and also work closely with the CEO.
- Collaborate with Executives and Marketing Director to refine Splice’s core messages and develop proof-points for those messages
- Develop a strategic communications roadmap for Splice
- Develop and pitch strategic, creative stories, from “treetops” pieces about trends in the industry to “grassroots” stories about how our community is using Splice
- Collaborate with Community and Artist team to uncover compelling stories of creators using Splice
- Secure speaking engagements, op-eds, and other thought leadership opportunities for Splice leaders;
- Represent Splice or the Splice perspective at industry events
- Help Splice executives forge relationships with key journalists
- Draft and oversee distribution of all press releases, corporate comms, company blogposts, etc
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 7 years experience in the field of PR, with at least three years of experience in the music industry or working with music industry clients.
- Excellent network of media relationships
- The ability to think strategically and creatively to connect the business to the world at large.
- The capability to build a new function from the ground up. You’re self-motivated and can operate easily with little direction.
- You’re able to work at a strategic level, but you’re equally as happy getting your hands dirty.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Meet Some of Splice's Employees
Steve M.Co-founder and CEO
Steve is Splice’s leader and visionary. He makes sure that, as the company scales quickly, they grow their teams to continue to serving artists.
Back to top